Community
Wiki Posts
Search

737-700 Evolve Blue seat upgrades - Pics!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

I can tell you with certainty that the cushions are replaced and thicker.I am around Evolve and Evolve Blue seats very frequently

Not sure why all the doubt and negativity. Go try it out for yourself. Everyone I have talked to is very happy about the improvement.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by 737MAX8
I can tell you with certainty that the cushions are replaced and thicker.I am around Evolve and Evolve Blue seats very frequently

Not sure why all the doubt and negativity. Go try it out for yourself. Everyone I have talked to is very happy about the improvement.
Perhaps it's because articles like this:

The new Heart seat will only be available on new aircraft deliveries. Existing aircraft will only receive new Bold-Blue seat covers.
I've had a dozen or so flights with the new blue seats and didn't notice much of a difference. If there is one, it's nothing earth shattering. If the seats weren't so damn low, it'd be more comfortable.

The only difference is the color. When they say "bold-blue," they sure mean it. It's very, very blue. The Evolve seats are terrible anywhere except the exit rows and 737-800s. Haven't been on the heart seats on the -800s yet though.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:46 pm

Not sure why all the doubt and negativity.
WN would have mentioned the extra thickness of "new cushions" had they undertaken to replace more than the covers.

It's how marketers roll.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:24 pm

That Kool-Aid must be quite tasty!
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:02 am

Sat in the new Heart seats the other day. Seam pretty comfortable, and at least in the aisle seat, there was way more legroom.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:47 pm

This thread is about the bold blue seats, not the new Heart interior.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Originally Posted by tusphotog
When they say "bold-blue," they sure mean it. It's very, very blue.
That's exactly what I thought when I've flown with the new covers over the past month or two. Blue is an understatement. They are the color of the outside of the plane!
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
This thread is about the bold blue seats, not the new Heart interior.
Couldn't find a thread about the new Heart interior so I thought this would be appropriate. You can live with it.

You can start a thread on the new Heart interior if you been on one yet.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:44 pm

I believe there are many threads discussing the new Heart interior and "wider" seats. Here's one a quick search returned:

4/14/2015 - Southwest Announcing New Seats

The reason it's important to stay on topic regarding the changes to interiors and seats is that it's already difficult keeping track of the various claims regarding legroom and/or seat width, without obfuscating it any further.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
I believe there are many threads discussing the new Heart interior and "wider" seats. Here's one a quick search returned:

4/14/2015 - Southwest Announcing New Seats

The reason it's important to stay on topic regarding the changes to interiors and seats is that it's already difficult keeping track of the various claims regarding legroom and/or seat width, without obfuscating it any further.
Actually, that's the only thread on the topic I can find. Any case, you'll still live.

I did search, number one. Secondly, I specifically mentioned the new Heart interior so folks wouldn't get confused. Sorry if you did.

If it bothers you so much, PM NSX so he can move my comments.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:03 pm

It's really not a big deal. Just trying to keep things clear. Certainly no need to get upset.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

I've now flown on both Evolve Blue and the Heart seat.

The Heart seat has great width, absolutely incredible legroom, and the headrest works great as advertised. It also looks a lot better.

The Evolve Blue seat however is far more comfortable on the bottom. The thicker cushion does make a difference.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:16 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I've now flown on both Evolve Blue and the Heart seat.

The Heart seat has great width, absolutely incredible legroom, and the headrest works great as advertised. It also looks a lot better.

The Evolve Blue seat however is far more comfortable on the bottom. The thicker cushion does make a difference.
I don't understand how the legroom can change by more than a fraction of an inch if the seat pitch is the same.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:03 pm

Southwest would be marketing the new cushion thickness if that were true.

And reviewers would stop misinforming readers that "existing Evolve seats will only receive new Bold-Blue seat covers."
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:54 pm

Yeah. I'm gonna go ahead and take with a grain of salt any Southwest seat/interior review, however well intentioned, that includes the words, "absolutely incredible legroom."

Methinks there is perhaps bias involved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.