Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

California-Targeted Fast Track to Companion Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

California-Targeted Fast Track to Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:00 pm
Original Member

Just to clarify, this promotion is for flying out of or returning to any of the 10 listed airports. We don't have to fly "between" the 10 listed cities.

Example, flights to Bay Area to Vegas or Oregon would qualify?

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Alaska
Originally Posted by Panther02
You MUST rebook. That's cancel and repurchase. Refaring will not qualify.
I just called Southwest and was told that the flights booked prior to registering for the offer will count as long as I fly between the mentioned dates.

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sggolf
Just to clarify, this promotion is for flying out of or returning to any of the 10 listed airports. We don't have to fly "between" the 10 listed cities.

Example, flights to Bay Area to Vegas or Oregon would qualify?

Thanks!
I hope so... Thats what I assumed... as long as you depart or arrive at one of the 10 cities, it should count. Hurry someone call Southwest and ask!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ronbeck
I just called Southwest and was told that the flights booked prior to registering for the offer will count as long as I fly between the mentioned dates.

Thanks!

I dont know if I would gamble on that, could be a mis-informed rep? Because the terms clearly state that:
Bookings made prior to July 7, 2016 or prior to registering for this promotion are ineligible.
I have 8 legs I had already booked for the next 45 days that I will be rebooking today, and the difference in fare for those prebooked flights is $110. Given that I will most likely take another trip before Halloween paid for by work, I can assure myself a companion pass from Oct 2016 - Dec 2017 for $110 all in!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:25 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by steelesurfer
I dont know if I would gamble on that, could be a mis-informed rep? Because the terms clearly state that:
This. Do NOT believe one phone rep. If you can't get it in writing it doesn't count. People honestly give customers incorrect information all the time.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:08 pm

Cities: To or from.

Register then book.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by nsx
This. Do NOT believe one phone rep. If you can't get it in writing it doesn't count. People honestly give customers incorrect information all the time.
Just called southwest to confirm a different question and this rep did say that you need to book during the promotional period AND after registering.

What I called about was to verify that cancelling preexisting res and rebooking during the promo period and using the travel vouchers would still count as a revenue ticket. Answer was yes.

Last edited by steelesurfer; Jul 8, 2016 at 11:05 pm
Old Jul 8, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I got a rock. DW did, too.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 11:34 pm

When in doubt, trust consensus here.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
My partner got the promo but not me. His last activity with WN was in March 2015. Already pre-registered when I clicked on promotions.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
i was in shock when Mrs. B and I both received this email. I smell a few mileage runs coming this fall. This is going to make family trips a lot cheaper next year! ^

Smart response by WN to address Jetblue's ill-conceived point match promo. in fact I will probably ditch UA entirely for anything shorter than a midcon.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the offer even though i got cp via cc signup a couple months ago...
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:12 pm

If I have unused funds from a previously cancelled flight and I use those funds to book a round trip flight from SFO, will that count as a "revenue" flight under this promotion? Or, just to be safe, should I just book a flight using my credit card and hold off on using my unused funds until after I get the CP?

I'll be doing a few mileage runs to qualify for the CP but I want to make sure my flights counts towards the 5 rounds trips if I use some leftover funds I have in my Southwest account.

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
If I use citi thank you points to book a flight is that considered a revenue flight?
It seems like citi actually pays for the ticket.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by soopra
If I have unused funds from a previously cancelled flight and I use those funds to book a round trip flight from SFO, will that count as a "revenue" flight under this promotion? Or, just to be safe, should I just book a flight using my credit card and hold off on using my unused funds until after I get the CP?

I'll be doing a few mileage runs to qualify for the CP but I want to make sure my flights counts towards the 5 rounds trips if I use some leftover funds I have in my Southwest account.

Thanks!
Yes. No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.