WN Still the Easiest Airline to deal with

Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Super80Fan
Good point, unless the issue is mechanical and the airline doesn't have any seats to get you there within a few days (along with needing a good agent) it probably won't happen.
I fly a decent amount. I was doing a status run with United (meaning I don't really have status, not sure if they can tell) and wanted a flight back that day. They said they could get me back that evening, but I was supposed to arrive in the afternoon. The GA told me wait a sec, checked the departure board, saw that an AA flight was going direct and told me to run over to their gate while he booked the ticket for me.

I would say that on the other airlines it is a possibility they'll put you on someone else, whereas Southwest it is an impossibility.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by texashoser
To clarify, I meant severe weather outages like winter storms. In those cases, yes, WN typically puts up weather advisories and gives passengers - no matter where they are - the ability to rebook without penalty via special web link.

For shorter-duration weather events, no, you can't just rebook on-line without penalty. You typically would have to reroute/rebook at the airport.
This was not my experience.

All flights out of NYC cancelled due to wind/snow (although other airlines were flying fine). No online rebooking instrument available. Required to call in (it said so in the email). Long waits. Eventually served by complaining on social media.

I think online re-booking for canceled flights on WN is more the exception than the rule.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.