Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

When will Southwest relent on insane summer fares? (Answer: June 3, 2016)

When will Southwest relent on insane summer fares? (Answer: June 3, 2016)

Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Still not competitive in summer 2017 - at least from Bay Area to LAS. Approx 30 days out UA and VX dropped weekday fares, and now I see they are further reduced within 7 days of travel. ��

WN went the opposite direction and now shows all flights at full fare, almost 2x others! In fact is cheaper for me to fly charter on my Sunday return than WN.

As NSX notes the intra-California fares are competitive and even more so if you prefer the secondary airports. But I have yet to see anything remotely close to competitive for Mexico, much less interstate.

Last edited by Boraxo; Jul 13, 2017 at 11:53 pm
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nsx
The Summer 2016 fares were much, much higher than earlier years or this year. It was a brash experiment by Southwest.
As usual, it depends on the individual routes and dates that people are flying. I have seen some resonable fares and some ridiculously high fares.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Looked at a RT trip from MDW to LAX, flying out on 7.17 and returning back 7.27, price was $654, that same flight has been around $500 since February. I booked a united economy for $356, so from ORD instead. I only need 3 more segments to make A list into next year, so I'm fine with not flying WN much the rest of the year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.