Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Non-CC spend ways to achieve "The Last 6K" for Companion Pass 2016 & 2017

Non-CC spend ways to achieve "The Last 6K" for Companion Pass 2016 & 2017

Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:47 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by vike16
So spending on the Sapphire doesn't count toward the CP?
Correct. Southwest would naturally regard Sapphire as a competitor to the RR Visa card, so they would want to give you at least one good reason to choose the RR Visa.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
Correct. Southwest would naturally regard Sapphire as a competitor to the RR Visa card, so they would want to give you at least one good reason to choose the RR Visa.
Recently I was able to sub out 50K Hyatt Gold Passport points for an existing reservation (points were transferred from Chase UR 1:1) with Hyatt free night certificates. Unexpected windfall, so I may use Hyatt points for the CP. But I highly value Hyatt points. Also have Club Carlson points I may consider using--those have been sitting around for European cities without many points hotels. Not a big fan of the U.S. Carlson brands and not planning to visit Scandinavia any time soon.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Recently I was able to sub out 50K Hyatt Gold Passport points for an existing reservation (points were transferred from Chase UR 1:1) with Hyatt free night certificates. Unexpected windfall, so I may use Hyatt points for the CP. But I highly value Hyatt points. Also have Club Carlson points I may consider using--those have been sitting around for European cities without many points hotels. Not a big fan of the U.S. Carlson brands and not planning to visit Scandinavia any time soon.
So, I'm done. Made the following transfers to secure 6K RR points:

* 36,000 Club Carlson to 3,600 RR
* 5,000 Hyatt GP to 2,400 RR

Seemed simpler to get it done this way. Thanks to all who provided actionable, on-point assistance within the parameters of my request.
Old May 3, 2016, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

CP acquired

All required points posted and my wife now has her CP. Thanks to those who provided assistance as specifically requested.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:09 pm

Me too, due date passed yesterday and the statement and points posting should come sometime later this week.
Old May 3, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Thanks to all who provided actionable, on-point assistance within the parameters of my request.
Thanks to those who provided assistance as specifically requested.
Glad it worked out and you got what you wanted. Too bad you couldn't just say "thanks" and leave it at that.
Old May 4, 2016, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vike16
Me too, due date passed yesterday and the statement and points posting should come sometime later this week.
Congrats!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.