Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Same EIN for two different RR Business Card applications

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same EIN for two different RR Business Card applications

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX MR, Chase UR, SPG, SW RR, HHonors
Same EIN for two different RR Business Card applications?

Here's my scenario. I'm a co-owner of a small consulting firm, and I recently was approved for a Chase RR Business card with the 50K bonus in pursuit of a companion pass. My partner (co-owner) of my firm also wants to get a business card for the same reasons. Is he allowed to use the same EIN, business name, etc, and still get a approved for the card and 50K bonus?

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited by reywasmj; Feb 11, 2016 at 11:48 am
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I'd be truly surprised if you could. Although I am surprised to see people approved for both personal cards. Earlier this week I applied for the premier card and was approved online. I also applied for the business card online using a EIN for a business that I have run for 12 years. I got a response that I would be notified in the next 30 days by US Mail. Waiting and hoping!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by reywasmj
Here's my scenario. I'm a co-owner of a small consulting firm, and I recently was approved for a Chase RR Business card with the 50K bonus in pursuit of a companion pass. My partner (co-owner) of my firm also wants to get a business card for the same reasons. Is he allowed to use the same EIN, business name, etc, and still get a approved for the card and 50K bonus?

Any help is much appreciated!
I would think so. Two different people should be independent here. He might have to talk to someone.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I would just use SSN's instead of EINs. IIRC, it all boils down to the personal guarantee of the credit cardholder anyway, so why mess around with duplicate EINs?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
I would just use SSN's instead of EINs. IIRC, it all boils down to the personal guarantee of the credit cardholder anyway, so why mess around with duplicate EINs?
It's actually against the law to use SSNs as identification numbers.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
It's actually against the law to use SSNs as identification numbers.
?!

I have the Premier Business and Personal cards, both were opened using my SSN. I'm self-employed, and my SSN is used for all business identification/tax purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.