Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

2400 points short of CP, 5000 Chase UR->Hyatt->RR current best option?

Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Please let me know if there are better (CP eligible) ways to get the 2400 points.

Need them to post this year (2015), how long does the UR->Hyatt->RR transfer take?

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred & CP
Originally Posted by rollcage
Please let me know if there are better (CP eligible) ways to get the 2400 points.

Need them to post this year (2015), how long does the UR->Hyatt->RR transfer take?

Thanks!
UR to Hyatt is instant. Hyatt to WN usually processes Monday or Tuesday of the following week (so if you did this today you should have CP by 11/24)
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rollcage

Thanks!
UR->Hyatt->RR

This is likely your best recourse. If Amtrak elite, might do a hair better.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
OP - do you have a WN credit card and access to quick & easy MS? Choice Privileges points? Etc.

We can only help based on the information you provided, which seems to imply that you have UR points but we know nothing else about your situation.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 7:53 am

Order flowers for someone on 1800 flowers a couple of times. I ordered 80 dollars worth last week and had 1000 CP eligible points post within a week.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the different options. No choice points etc., Hyatt will be the first hotel loyalty program I enroll in just for the SW transfer. New to this, so far only have UR, SW and Citi TY points.

Do have the 2 rapid rewards cards but not an MS expert so don't want to risk that option as the next statements will close 21st Dec, in case I slip up there's not much time left to correct.

I saw another post talk about Rocketmiles RR bonus for hotel bookings, so I see an opportunity to earn 4000 SW points for ~100$ hotel booking (though not particularly keen on a hotel stay in near future).

Though I might just end up going the Hyatt route for peace of mind and convenience.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Originally Posted by uthornsgo
Order flowers for someone on 1800 flowers a couple of times. I ordered 80 dollars worth last week and had 1000 CP eligible points post within a week.
Do 1800 flowers post within a week. The T and C say 6 to 8 weeks. Was planning on buying flowers for Christmas and don't want points to post until after Jan. 1 to use for CP.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrlasssen
Do 1800 flowers post within a week. The T and C say 6 to 8 weeks. Was planning on buying flowers for Christmas and don't want points to post until after Jan. 1 to use for CP.
Do not buy in 2015 if you want points to post in 2016. Inkundernails has posted extensively about shopping mall/flowers/etc. posting dates.. The points will normally backdate.

Jan 1 is your friend. But if you can spend more in 2016 anyway, might as well give it a shot, unless 2015 posting will screw up timing of your signup bonus.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Do not buy in 2015 if you want points to post in 2016. Inkundernails has posted extensively about shopping mall/flowers/etc. posting dates.. The points will normally backdate.

Jan 1 is your friend. But if you can spend more in 2016 anyway, might as well give it a shot, unless 2015 posting will screw up timing of your signup bonus.
That really fouls my planning up. Went back to my last year SWA mall purchases and sure enough they were all posted for the day I purchased the items. Guess it will be Hyatt point transfer after Jan. 1. What a poor use of those points. Thanks for the heads up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.