Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWA's FAs Ponder CEO Gary Kelly's Next Move

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by diver858
Management attempts to minimize costs, maximize revenues when looking to SELL a company, not buy another.
I think management always does that.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by diver858
A better (but not likely) explanation for not agreeing to competitive contracts is if Kelly is trying to SELL LUV - make the numbers look as attractive as possible to extract maximum value. Perhaps Branson has several billion burning a hole in his pocket, partnership with DL has not work as he hoped, VA is not growing fast enough for him. I consider AS to be a better run, more customer friendly carrier than WN, would rather see Tilden send Kelly sailing in to the sunset on his golden parachute.
AS probably invoked a poison pill with their OO agreement and OO buying 100 E175s to to fly regional for them. That might be very expensive to get out of.

Virgin America though might be interesting,
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Sun Country's aircraft are leased which means that they have very little to offer in terms of hard assets. Heck, I doubt WN would even be interested in their small holding of JFK slots and IMO they would likely pursue some sort of swap for more slots or gates somewhere else in the WN system.

AirTran was really the only acquisition that made any sort of sense for WN. About the only way I can see them going after somebody like HA or AS would be to maybe buy a big stake in the company but not purchase or merge outright.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
SWA's FAs Ponder CEO Gary Kelly's Next Move

Acquiring HA would be one way to improve WN's on-time numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.