Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Aiming for the Companion Pass - Don't want to mess up!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aiming for the Companion Pass - Don't want to mess up!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by RVA110
No I understood. Thanks for al lthe replies too.

I'll be using the SW cards until I finish the 110k points for CP.
So in a few months for next year I'll aim for the INK card for the non CPQP during 2016.

Not sure what you spend $$ on but the INK offers 5X points at office supply stores, maybe you can buy some gift cards for work items

If you want to take it another level look into manufactured spending
Old Jul 25, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by RVA110
Hello everyone, great site you have here. Completely new to the points thing so I learned a lot recently.

I have signed up for the Southwest Premier Card(Business and Personal)
I have to spend $2k on each card in 3 months for the 100k in points.

So with that 100k and then 4k for spending I'll be at 104k

I need to quickly get the next 6k points and am looking for ideas.

Ideally maybe not a new card? Possibly Marriott Card and then transfer points into Rapid Reward Points?

Also, lets say it takes me 3 months to spend the $4k. Would I run into an issue of having spent points and them not being accredited before the end of 2015?

A play by play on the most efficient route would be best as I'm still a bit lost.

Thank you all so much for any input.
Are you aware that there are two personal cards offered and each has a bonus independent of the other? There is a Plus and Premier version of the card.

Source: I got my Companion Pass with personal cards and concentrated spend last month.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Yes I am. I just didn't want to apply for 3 cards at once. I also wanted to keep the third in reserve for next year if I ever needed it. Theres also the matter of hitting the minimum limit on the third card at the same time as the other 2.

Sure I can spend it and reach the minimum of that third card, but might not have the cash to cover it. In my opinion if you let a little bit of interest happen while hitting the minimums then the deal you get out of it starts to diminish.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:20 am

Am I reading this right - If I hit the CP threshold in Jan 16, then my CP is good through 12/31/17 ?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Southwest CP, A+, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Am I reading this right - If I hit the CP threshold in Jan 16, then my CP is good through 12/31/17 ?
That is correct...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Not sure what you spend $$ on but the INK offers 5X points at office supply stores..
And phone/cell phone/cable TV/internet.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Keep in mind that any points you earn 2015 don't count toward CP in 2016. The counter starts over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.