Wiki Posts
Search

Yet another Southwest systems glitch

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Yet another Southwest systems glitch

Just got a text message informing me that my flight today, July 1, is delayed.

I do not have a flight scheduled for today, nor have I ever had.

Weird!

The irony, of course, is that I virtually NEVER get these kind of text alerts when my flights are actually delayed.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I have gotten texts on 2 occasions in the past two months informing me of a flight delay for a flight I was not on--and received several phone calls informing me of a lost bag that was found--though I have not checked a bag with Southwest in years. It was not even from an airport to/from the state in which I live. I don't have a new phone number either so was quite odd. Could ignore the texts but the calls were quite annoying as they kept calling despite telling them they had the wrong number.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:40 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by dlaue
Just got a text message informing me that my flight today, July 1, is delayed.

I do not have a flight scheduled for today, nor have I ever had.
I'm pretty sure there are duplicate PNRs between Domestic and International when this happens. I got calls to voicemail on schedule changes with a promise of e-mails I never got and likely went to someone else.

Worse yet is e-mails can be sent to the wrong address with enough info they could actually modify or cancel your flight. Granted they couldn't gain anything by doing it.

Last edited by traveller001; Jul 2, 2015 at 10:42 pm
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Some sort of Matrix issue, I'm sure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.