Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do RR Visa signup bonus points post?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 11:31 am
Original Poster

When do RR Visa signup bonus points post?

I signed up for the 60k business and 50k personal offers.
Have met minimum spend on both.

Usually how long does it take to post the points? I'm itching to get my CP and start using it with my wife.

thanks
Old May 27, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Apache137
I signed up for the 60k business and 50k personal offers.
Have met minimum spend on both.

Usually how long does it take to post the points? I'm itching to get my CP and start using it with my wife.

thanks
There are a lot of datapoints in the credit card and companion pass threads. Has your statement in which you met the minimum spend closed yet? A few days after that statement closes is the absolute soonest you might see the points.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
a few days after your statements post. unless you met minimum spend in the last few days, then it will probably be on your next statement
Old May 28, 2015, 7:45 pm

My first statement closed on 5/26 with over $2000 balance. The points for the spending has been posted to my RR account, but not the bonus points. I called Chase and was told that it won't post until the next statement cycle. Also there was no annual fee on the statement. Is this unusual? I had planned to use the points for some summer travel.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by atltravel2
My first statement closed on 5/26 with over $2000 balance. The points for the spending has been posted to my RR account, but not the bonus points. I called Chase and was told that it won't post until the next statement cycle. Also there was no annual fee on the statement. Is this unusual? I had planned to use the points for some summer travel.
Not unusual. Did the spending that put you over $2k happen to post to your account the last few days of the statement cycle?
Old May 28, 2015, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Not unusual. Did the spending that put you over $2k happen to post to your account the last few days of the statement cycle?
Yes it did. I only received and activated the card on 5/14, and the spending was spread between 5/15 and 5/23, with closing date on 5/26. Didn't think when the spending occur would matter, as long as it made the statement date. Also didn't expect the closing date to be so soon after activation.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by atltravel2
Yes it did. I only received and activated the card on 5/14, and the spending was spread between 5/15 and 5/23, with closing date on 5/26. Didn't think when the spending occur would matter, as long as it made the statement date. Also didn't expect the closing date to be so soon after activation.
Read through the extensive thread on the credit cards for a lot more details; but, there are plenty of reports like your report where the spending threshold wasn't met until the last few days of the statement and the bonus points not posting until the next statement closes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.