Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWA Promotion Issue/Concern

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

I want anyone's opinion or recommendations on how I may be able to get this issue resolved from Southwest.

The beginning of April 2015 I enrolled in the 90 Day A-List Challenge under conditions that Member must complete three revenue roundtrip flights (six one-way flights) or earn 8,000 Tier Qualifying Points within the 90-day promotional period.

Prior to this promotion I already had Two Round trip tickets booked and would fly them after the enrollment date. Therefor I booked the last flight as well within the first 90 days. It has been over two weeks and still no A-List, I finally received an email that stated,
"These flights were booked before the promotion enrollment date of April *, 2015. The promotion requires the flights to be booked and flown within 90 days of enrollment."

Now since that was the case all I had to do was cancel the already booked flights and rebook them and I would now have A-List.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:14 pm

You can always plead your case to one of the 214 CSRs, but the promo T&Cs and your failure to adhere to them are pretty clear. You may get lucky, you may not; as with most issues of this type YMMV.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:57 pm

As the previous poster said, you can try to call, but I'm not sure you will have much luck unless you have a good reason. I booked 6 one ways during the 90 day period. In addition, I had 4 more one ways that I had booked before the 90 days, but travelled within the promo period. So, a total of 10 one ways. One of my flights got cancelled due to weather. It turns out it was one that was booked during the promotion period and I didn't realize it. I called to find out why I didn't receive a list and they explained to me that only 4 of my 8 one ways counted. They did make an exception and gave me a list for the rest of the year.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
you don't really have a case.

flights could have been different prices if you rebooked. worth a shot anyway
Old May 22, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP

As mentioned above, make a call to the 214. Explain your situation acknowledging that you made a honest mistake thinking those segments would count but you understand now why they did not. Ask for reconsideration of your situation. Be nice as they would obviously be making an exception for you. It might also help your case to have a few upcoming trips already booked to prove status would be useful to you in the near future. Please report back here the outcome. Good Luck!
Old May 22, 2015, 2:14 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by NFrancio
Now since that was the case all I had to do was cancel the already booked flights and rebook them and I would now have A-List.
If the flights were full fare, Southwest ought to give you a break. (The point of requiring new bookings is to increase the fare you pay.) If your flights were on cheap advance purchase fares, I don't think you will succeed.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Southwest CSRs (even at the 214#) have had their discretionary ability taken away when it comes to Alist/A+. So either the promo worked and the "system" automatically gave you the status, or it didn't.

In the future, re-read the terms and conditions closely. While it may not have cost you any more to cancel and rebook, the INTENT of the promo was to increas flights/loyalty. If you already had two booked before the promo was accepted, then you only gave them one new roundtrip while they were looking for 3 new round trips.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would send in a note. I don't think that a front line agent or what WN calls a "supervisor" will have that authority. Maybe you get someone senior enough and they give you a break. Maybe not.

Be happy if you get it. Move on if you don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.