Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Which Lounge to access if flying Southwest from LAX

Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum

I have Priority Pass and considering that there are no lounges at the terminal LUV flies from and considering T1, T2 and T3 and not connected.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:32 am

The closest lounge would be terminal 3 but you have to clear security twice as there is no airside connection. It would be about a 10 minute walk each way if it's worth it for you to go.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:34 am

Also I don't know if TSA will let you in to terminal 3 when your flight is at terminal 1.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
The closest lounge would be terminal 3 but you have to clear security twice as there is no airside connection. It would be about a 10 minute walk each way if it's worth it for you to go.
I have TSA Pre. So, hopefully the lines would be shorter.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
Also I don't know if TSA will let you in to terminal 3 when your flight is at terminal 1.
Less than a month ago, LAX posted on Google Plus that one can get into any terminal if they had a boarding pass and that probably means even international if you are flying domestic.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I think the bigger question is why do you want to spend more time at LAX than absolutely necessary? That whole airport is awful.

There's no PreCheck at TBIT (at least there wasn't the last time I went over there).
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog
I think the bigger question is why do you want to spend more time at LAX than absolutely necessary? That whole airport is awful.
+1. If you absolutely must access a club, it's likely quicker to walk across the parking area to one of the United Clubs, but PP will no longer work there after mid-May.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:52 am

United Clubs are in 7. Walking distance roughly equivalent to 3.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by LegalTender

United Clubs are in 7. Walking distance roughly equivalent to 3.
Tx for posting...UA Club def closer as I suspected.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Not that I can see. Whatever.
It is. I do the walk across the parking lot all the time. It's about 5 minutes to either terminal.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Just realized, wouldn't terminal 2 be closer than either T3 or T7? In which case Maple Leaf lounge could be an option or is it not worth it?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:12 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
There was a U.S. Air club in that terminal that acted as a defacto Southwest lounge but it's gone now.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
There was a U.S. Air club in that terminal that acted as a defacto Southwest lounge but it's gone now.
I have been surprised why a private lounge operator or even Amex does not open a lounge in Terminal 1. This is the only terminal at LAX without any lounges.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:37 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I doubt the average Southwest passenger would be interested- at least at the price level it would take to keep a lounge open. And connecting passengers aren't there long enough for it to be worth it. Many are 40 minutes or direct service where you don't deplane.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
I doubt the average Southwest passenger would be interested- at least at the price level it would take to keep a lounge open. And connecting passengers aren't there long enough for it to be worth it. Many are 40 minutes or direct service where you don't deplane.
You might be right but given how bad T1 is and also the fact that a lot of business travelers take LUV, many probably already hold a Platinum card. The risk to reward for Amex Centurion would be totally worth it. If it does not take off, write off $10 million in losses. If it does, you are opening doors to a much wider audience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.