Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

SWA Customer Service can't look up reservations by RR#

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWA Customer Service can't look up reservations by RR#

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Airtran used to show the total of credits avalible. They could be applied first in first out.
OP was asking about WN, not a defunct airline.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I, for one, will take the hassle of keeping confirmation numbers to have NO change fees. As I have had some health issues, the flexibility has been great. WN has my loyalty and I don't mind keeping track of confirmation numbers.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
OP was asking about WN, not a defunct airline.
And I was pointing out that at least one airline (actually owned by Southwest) was able to provide a service to their customers to keep track of those things.

It is in my opinion somewhat underhanded to withhold information from customers which is readily available or could be made available at little cost, once the coding is done.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
And I was pointing out that at least one airline (actually owned by Southwest) was able to provide a service to their customers to keep track of those things.

It is in my opinion somewhat underhanded to withhold information from customers which is readily available or could be made available at little cost, once the coding is done.
IMO I suspect once the new reservation system is in place this might be actually be a priority. It would be a very warm welcome for business travelers. aka Those likely to use funds for late purchases at higher available fares.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by ymx
The CSR can identify all unused credits by looking up the credit card.
Which is helpful until you use multiple cards and/or use a company "ghost" card through Concur and you don't have all the digits.

I agree its a small price to pay for the flexibility.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:32 am

Policy and Web Changes at WN?

I remember when you used to be able to use four unexpired credits and not two for future flights. They always seem to apply the biggest credit first, not the oldest. Anyway, the change in expiration date hasn't changed. The Travel Tools section seems to be gone. Years ago, I called to ask for unexpired credit by credit card # and they couldn't find some credits. Also, recently I noticed that the remaining credits had a $0.01 added or subtracted from the value. Is this some kind of code for policies to come?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by traveller001
IMO I suspect once the new reservation system is in place this might be actually be a priority. It would be a very warm welcome for business travelers. aka Those likely to use funds for late purchases at higher available fares.
That would be a welcome development but I'd be shocked if it happens. Bottom line profits, even through breakage, now always come before customer-friendly convenience.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
They can by a lot of different fields but I suspect by phone is a security thing. For Customer privacy.

APO OTOH will be able to search for you by all those fields with ID....

Perhaps challenge questions is in order?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by traveller001
They can by a lot of different fields but I suspect by phone is a security thing. For Customer privacy.

APO OTOH will be able to search for you by all those fields with ID....

Perhaps challenge questions is in order?
What is APO?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.