Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sears and Kmart gift card purchase

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Sears and Kmart gift card purchase

I need to make a purchase at Sears for about $450.
Trying to figure out how to get the maximum points out of it and wondering if this would work.

Buy a Kmart gift card through RR shopping which is currently 6X (2700)
Use my RR Chase card for the Kmart gift card Purchase (450)
Use the gift card for what I need at Sears through RR currently 2x (900)
Earn bonus points for spending more than $750 through RR shopping (2500)

6550 points total.

The KMART gift card says Kmart and Sears on it. Can it be used at both through RR shopping without any issues?

Does it matter if you buy and use a gift card to earn points through RR shopping?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:20 pm

Additionally, before you buy the $450 item...

1. Join shopyourway.com
2. Go to a physical store and buy something (inexpensive), and make sure they enter your SYW phone number. Your receipt will be a couple feet long, mostly with various coupons good for your next (fairly high dollar) purchase.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bookasan
I need to make a purchase at Sears for about $450.
Trying to figure out how to get the maximum points out of it and wondering if this would work.

Buy a Kmart gift card through RR shopping which is currently 6X (2700)
Use my RR Chase card for the Kmart gift card Purchase (450)
Use the gift card for what I need at Sears through RR currently 2x (900)
Earn bonus points for spending more than $750 through RR shopping (2500)

6550 points total.

The KMART gift card says Kmart and Sears on it. Can it be used at both through RR shopping without any issues?

Does it matter if you buy and use a gift card to earn points through RR shopping?
regarding your last question, from the terms and conditions...

*Offer valid between April 13, 2015 at 12:01 AM ET through May 3, 2015 at 11:59 PM ET. Member will receive a one-time bonus of up to 2,500 bonus points in addition to the standard points earned from Rapid Rewards Shopping®. Bonus points will be issued based on Member’s cumulative spending: 500 bonus points for $125; 1,000 bonus points for $300; and 2,500 bonus points for $750 or more. Returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus points. Please see site for details on any coupon code details or usage restrictions. Please allow eight to ten weeks for bonus points to post to your account. Void where prohibited by law. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.