Wiki Posts
Search

LGA restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:49 am
Original Poster

LGA restaurants

guys

have not heard great things about the LGA terminal but is there any semi-decent spot to pick up breakfast & lunch? Also, what are the security lines like at 5:30am

Thx
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Once you get past security, the terminal completely sucks, one or two restaurants and small kiosks, all overpriced and crowded. There is a food court nearby, before security and down a flight that is decent. No idea about the 5:30am, but there are just two lanes and mid day, sometimes it moves slow, sometime fast. If you are looking for B & L for the plane, I'd would bring my own...
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
There is no pre-check line, but you can leave your shoes on if you show the screener your boarding pass ( if you have pre-check ). Also, you sometimes need to be vocal to get allowed into the A-list line since the people guarding it seem to always be involved with something else.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

never flown southwest - do they have decent breakfast options or very similar to other airlines?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
never flown southwest - do they have decent breakfast options or very similar to other airlines?
Like what other airline? On AA nothing in coach and a sad snack basket in first
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by sam007
No. Peanuts or pretzels.
Better eat before security. LGA is one of the worst!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
LGA is an utter dump. I flew WN out of there for the first time 2 weeks ago: I literally will never book another flight out of that terminal again. I will fly AA from LGA (different terminal) or JFK if necessary, or I will fly UA or WN from Newark. That was a dreadful, dreadful experience: probably the worst facility I've been in on U.S. soil. Massively overcrowded, 1 bistro-ish restaurant that was so packed you couldn't even walk in the door, and a Dunkin Donuts selling a small number of incredibly stale donuts. Maybe one other food kiosk I'm forgetting (?).

A lot of people compare the WN terminal at LGA to a third-world bus depot. I don't think that's particularly fair, as many third-world bus depots have some interesting food and a little bit of charm.

I don't know if you're asking about food selections onboard with WN or AA or the concourse choices at LGA. The AA end of LGA is somewhat better than the WN end, but they are not connected airside. The onboard food will be pretty much nothing either way...exception would be perhaps premium cabin medium-haul on AA, but chances are that flight would be out of JFK, not LGA.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

LOL to this
A lot of people compare the WN terminal at LGA to a third-world bus depot. I don't think that's particularly fair, as many third-world bus depots have some interesting food and a little bit of charm.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
LGA is an utter dump. I flew WN out of there for the first time 2 weeks ago: I literally will never book another flight out of that terminal again. I will fly AA from LGA (different terminal) or JFK if necessary, or I will fly UA or WN from Newark. That was a dreadful, dreadful experience: probably the worst facility I've been in on U.S. soil. Massively overcrowded, 1 bistro-ish restaurant that was so packed you couldn't even walk in the door, and a Dunkin Donuts selling a small number of incredibly stale donuts. Maybe one other food kiosk I'm forgetting (?).

You nailed it right on the head at least for this Terminal (B). There is another kiosk jammed into the (one) narrow walkway (towards the end) selling $4 6oz yogurts and other overpriced goods. The Delta terminal is decent IIRC and so is the food court but that doesn't help WN flights. They scuttled ISP for this?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:52 pm

And never, ever check a bag going into LGA! I've never seen such utter madness with 6+ flights picking up bags from 1 baggage claim at the same time. The horror!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I'm really glad that WN has service to EWR. EWR has been my preferred airport for flying WN to New York since they opened it but I've had the misfortune of flying through LGA a few times in the last 3 or 4 months connecting to/from international flights at JFK. Last week it was like a solid mass of people from the second women's restroom on down to the end of the concourse. Awful, awful airport.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
LGA is an utter dump. I flew WN out of there for the first time 2 weeks ago: I literally will never book another flight out of that terminal again. I will fly AA from LGA (different terminal)
AA is in the same terminal as WN (Terminal B), just in a different concourse of the Terminal. AA's merger partner US is in a different terminal (Terminal C).

LGA is my airport of choice for convenience and location, but I've never flowing WN at LGA so perhaps their concourse is just worse then the rest.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by ty97
AA is in the same terminal as WN (Terminal B), just in a different concourse of the Terminal. AA's merger partner US is in a different terminal (Terminal C).

LGA is my airport of choice for convenience and location, but I've never flowing WN at LGA so perhaps their concourse is just worse then the rest.
Yes, IIRC the Delta terminal is very nice but have flown AirTran and WN exclusively since 2006. Its not a horrible airport in totality but once you clear security for the WN concourse, its a 3rd world dump / basement / after thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.