Wiki Posts
Search

10x points for Sears/Kmart Gift Card?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:42 am
Original Poster

10x points for Sears/Kmart Gift Card?

https://rapidrewardsshopping.southwe...ards%2006_.htm

Anyone try this out? 10 points per $1 for a gift card sounds pretty good - I know Sears is going out of business, but I figure eventually I can spend $1,000 at Kmart... do those 10,000 points go towards companion pass? Even if not, still seems like a good deal. THoughts?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:53 am

In the past, these bonuses through the RR portal have counted towards the companion pass. So far this morning I've gotten new tires for my vehicle to use up SYW points and gift cards I had, and reloaded a GC for some other things I plan to buy later. I'm confident here, especially since the terms on the portal states that GC's are eligible. I already have the companion pass, but I have a good feeling they'd be qualifying otherwise.

Worth noting, I've read that physical gift cards are processed through Kmart and don't trigger portal rewards. But I can't give any firsthand feedback on that because I've always just purchased the egift cards.

On another side note, I wouldn't plan for Kmart to outlast Sears very long. I'd be overly cautious getting any more than you could use in the next three to six months, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited by JDavis625; Apr 6, 2015 at 2:58 am Reason: added last paragraph
Old Apr 6, 2015, 5:21 am

Don't forget to double dip with these. Buy and e-gift card and then use for the purchase. Turn 10 into 20! Worth mentioning is if you are going to double dip, buy the ecard this morning, for large amounts sometimes your purchase needs to make its way via security screening and delays can occur getting the ecard.

Yes, I have used these at Kmart and also Lands Ends. Word of caution with using at Lands End. Site states not eligible for purchases with Lands End gift cards and they only gave me points for the portion paid without the card. I had to put in a request stating I didn't buy with Lands End card...I purchased with Sears card and they corrected.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mdurette
Don't forget to double dip with these. Buy and e-gift card and then use for the purchase. Turn 10 into 20! Worth mentioning is if you are going to double dip, buy the ecard this morning, for large amounts sometimes your purchase needs to make its way via security screening and delays can occur getting the ecard.

Yes, I have used these at Kmart and also Lands Ends. Word of caution with using at Lands End. Site states not eligible for purchases with Lands End gift cards and they only gave me points for the portion paid without the card. I had to put in a request stating I didn't buy with Lands End card...I purchased with Sears card and they corrected.
So you can still use Sears GCs with Lands' End? I thought Lands' End was sold.

I hate using the official ungrammatical spelling of "Lands' End."
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:52 am

It's gone and I missed it. Back to 2 points. I needed to spend about $1000 on new tires. I literally could vomit.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by NoShoesNation
It's gone and I missed it. Back to 2 points. I needed to spend about $1000 on new tires. I literally could vomit.
Same here, I could have sworn the RR page said the 10x was valid 4/5 through 4/8. I was going to double-dip on tires today. FML
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: Southwest, National, Enterprise, Hertz, United, American
It definitely said it was a multiple day deal, but now I'm wondering if the deal was just on those stupid patio sets
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:38 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by kdogfister
It definitely said it was a multiple day deal, but now I'm wondering if the deal was just on those stupid patio sets
Exactly. Misleading the first time you encounter it.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:03 pm

Worth noting, I've read that physical gift cards are processed through Kmart and don't trigger portal rewards.

Would anyone else have any info on this. I ordered 9 cards yesterday at $500 each so I hope this is not a fact. I called rapid rewards and they don't know. I called Sears and they don't know, in fact the CS at Sears don't even know what a portal is!!!. I don't know who else to call. My order is still processing but Sears said they can't cancel or change the order to e-cards. I do need new appliances so I am able to use the cards but will be quite pissed if I don't get the 10 points.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:15 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Worth mentioning is if you are going to double dip, buy the ecard this morning, for large amounts sometimes your purchase needs to make its way via security screening and delays can occur getting the ecard.
They delayed mine, requiring me to call in, for a gift card of less than $50! They did email promptly and they did answer the phone immediately, but in the future I won't bother for less than 2000 points.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:09 am

According to the email I got the 10 pts only good until the 6th.
10 Points/$* Was 2 Points/$ Lowest prices of the season - up to 40% off Kenmore appliances and free delivery on orders of $399 or more. Offer valid through 4/18/15. Extra points offer ends 4/6/2015.

I ordered an e gift card and the transaction is showing in the RR shopping account already
Sears.com
ORDER # xxxxxxx 04/06/2015 04/08/2015 $500.00 5,000

For the person that ordered gift cards. Check your shopping history to see if they show.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:22 am

According to the email I got the 10 pts only good until the 6th.
10 Points/$* Was 2 Points/$ Lowest prices of the season - up to 40% off Kenmore appliances and free delivery on orders of $399 or more. Offer valid through 4/18/15. Extra points offer ends 4/6/2015.

I ordered an e gift card and the transaction is showing in the RR shopping account already
Sears.com
ORDER # xxxxxxx 04/06/2015 04/08/2015 $500.00 5,000

For the person that ordered gift cards. Check your shopping history to see if they show.
Thank you for the feedback. Nothing posted to my history as of this morning. I also bought an e-card and that has not posted either.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:29 am

Sears/KMart gift card

Originally Posted by braddqq
https://rapidrewardsshopping.southwe...ards%2006_.htm

Anyone try this out? 10 points per $1 for a gift card sounds pretty good - I know Sears is going out of business, but I figure eventually I can spend $1,000 at Kmart... do those 10,000 points go towards companion pass? Even if not, still seems like a good deal. THoughts?
You could also sell the cards on eBay but you would have a fee for the sale, you have to do the math to see if it is worth it. You would probably want to buy cards for $100 or so.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by endless
You could also sell the cards on eBay but you would have a fee for the sale, you have to do the math to see if it is worth it. You would probably want to buy cards for $100 or so.
I used to sell on Ebay many years ago, when most buyers sent a check to the seller. I think it’s been 15 years. The issue I have with selling now is the buyers all want to use PayPal. For me the risk of charge backs is too high. In this case if one sold a gift card, the buyer can file a dispute with PayPal and say the balance was not what was sold for, or even say it was a zero balance. I’ve also read that PayPal usually sides with the buyers. Not worth the chance/risk for me to sell any high items on Ebay, which is a shame.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:23 am

I was an account manager at eBay, and a seller. I never have problems with selling gift cards but you are right, most people pay with paypal so you do have to pay the fees and deal with possible disputes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.