Checking in 2 people at the same time

Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Checking in 2 people at the same time

On an award booking made for 2 people with points from one account (or perhaps even for a cash booking), it seems that Southwest assigns each person a different confirmation number.

Is there a way to check in both people together, or does each person have to check in individually?

Recently, I had two devices going to try and check in both people close to the same time, but that seems rather cumbersome.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:59 am

They need to be checked in separately. You can have two tabs open with the information filled in for each passenger. Start it in the few minutes before T-24, and click to check them in when it gets to T-24.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
you could use 2 devices and hit submit at exactly same time like on cellphone and computer
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Make a game of it - my wife and I usually do. See whose typing (or clicking) fingers are the fastest.

Once, we both checked in at T-24 and one of us scored A-35ish, and the other was B-02. Probably clicked "Check-in" within a second of one another, while next to each other on the same WiFi network. Still don't know how that worked out...
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by rove312
They need to be checked in separately. You can have two tabs open with the information filled in for each passenger. Start it in the few minutes before T-24, and click to check them in when it gets to T-24.
I use separate browsers. Separate tabs within the same cookie-tracking browser can create issues checking the second person in (it has with me in the past).

Originally Posted by Miami305
Once, we both checked in at T-24 and one of us scored A-35ish, and the other was B-02. Probably clicked "Check-in" within a second of one another, while next to each other on the same WiFi network. Still don't know how that worked out...
That is more common than you may think. A-35ish was most likely the position vacated by an A-Lister who changed/canceled their flight between T-36 hours (when A-List BPs are assigned) and T-24 hours (when you could check-in). I think folks here call it surreptitious early boarding - search this forum for "surreptitious" and you'll find more about it.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Miami305
Make a game of it - my wife and I usually do. See whose typing (or clicking) fingers are the fastest.

That may simply be the breaks. A fair number of people check in at exactly T-24. Some of them use automated scripts or other means. Having 5-6 people between two check-ins is not out of the question. But the difference between A-30 and B-2 is substantial, with Family boarding between the them. A-35 would often even be outside the range of pre-allocated seats.

SEB may account for it but it's not really that frequent.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the information.

I'm glad I wasn't missing something.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FindAWay
That is more common than you may think. A-35ish was most likely the position vacated by an A-Lister who changed/canceled their flight between T-36 hours (when A-List BPs are assigned) and T-24 hours (when you could check-in). I think folks here call it surreptitious early boarding - search this forum for "surreptitious" and you'll find more about it.
"Serindipitous."

I use Mac Safari, 2-3 tabs side-by-side and have never had a problem. Check in as close to T-24 as possible and normally get high As. Sometimes low Bs.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
"Serindipitous."
Ah, yes. I suppose surreptitious early boarding would be those line cutters.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.