Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion pass bookings not working???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:26 am

I couldn't add a companion on the regular site, but was able to do so on the iPhone App without a problem.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
Still can't add a companion on the website - third computer. I guess I'll be forced to use the mobile app.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA,UAL Gold,AS,DL,MRD PP
I cannot add on any computer or mobile app. Been trying since last Sunday. I emailed last week when it took me 20 minutes to get an agent on phone and then 5 minutes to give all information that is stored if booking online. The response I got said that the site was under going a major overhaul that was completed on July 14th. Guess they did not fix the companion pass problem!
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:26 pm

I had the problem last night. Today I had a different problem (though I've seen this many times before) where after submitting payment for companion, the screen "resets" and removes the traveler name and says "No First Name, No Last Name, etc." but there's no way to go on. I have to close browser, relogin and try again. I've had this problem for as long as I can remember and it can't possibly be user error as you couldn't purposely do this if you tried.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:33 pm

Be careful. I couldnt add online (got error message) so called in to add it. They did it online. Guess what? My companion now has two reservations with different confirmation numbers. Both worked and could check in. Now I have to call to see what is going on.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:39 pm

The problem I'm having is when I try to add a companion to a non revenue fight. Adding to a revenue fight works fine. Which brings to mind the very ugly possibiity that WN may be thinking companion pass is only good for revenue flights. Obviously this would reduce the value of both points and the companion pass.

Adding a companion to non revenue flights still works by phone, but it is a struggle, and you have to be careful as pointed out above, and in more ways than one. The wrong trusted traveler number was added to one such flight.

Flying is adventureous in some unique ways.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by bobunf
The problem I'm having is when I try to add a companion to a non revenue fight.
This is a points flight not some other kind of non-revenue right?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
This is a points flight not some other kind of non-revenue right?
That's correct. Althought this problem rather pales in comparison to the system wide crach today.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by bobunf
That's correct. Althought this problem rather pales in comparison to the system wide crach today.
Someone will hopefully post today whether or not they are now able to add a Companion via the web/mobile "like normal" (2+ weeks ago?).

This might give us an indication as to how much of a system roll-back they did to get things back on their feet overnight last night.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL GM, FL A+ Elite, WN A List
Originally Posted by steved5480
Someone will hopefully post today whether or not they are now able to add a Companion via the web/mobile "like normal" (2+ weeks ago?).

This might give us an indication as to how much of a system roll-back they did to get things back on their feet overnight last night.
Tried today via website and no such luck... Same error for the last few weeks keeps popping up...

Same on mobile via the Android App.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by tfc3rid
Tried today via website and no such luck... Same error for the last few weeks keeps popping up...

Same on mobile via the Android App.
Thank you for the followup.

Quite obvious now that yesterday's IT blowout and the so-far half-baked attempt at recovery had/has/will have nothing to do with SWA's self-inflicted trashing of existing functionality over a week ago.

I cannot imagine what the public-facing SWA Employees (airports, phones, etc.) must be going thru.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:38 pm

Booked a round trip today thru my corp site, tried adding companion online with no luck, just added her on iPhone app for the $11.20, both flights in one transaction, only booked a round trip since I was already within my company 14 day no-no window and only wanted to get dinged once
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
All of a sudden I can't add companion on any of my bookings. I'm on hold with RR as I type - but I don't fall into the category described in thread above. The main account earns minimal points through Credit Card (as recently as last month), and the companion account is the one that gets transfers from Chase Ink and actually books the tickets. Of course, neither has had paid FLIGHTS in over 2 years.

J4H
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
All of a sudden I can't add companion on any of my bookings.

>>>> I'm on hold with RR as I type - but I don't fall into the category described in thread above. The main account earns minimal points through Credit Card (as recently as last month), and the companion account is the one that gets transfers from Chase Ink and actually books the tickets. Of course, neither has had paid FLIGHTS in over 2 years.

J4H
I have no idea what you mean after the >>>> above but I can't either:

We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
The companion pass system is not working this morning.

Since companion pass holders are not revenue generators, this part of the crackerjack WN information technology system gets the least attention, in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.