Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

1/22-4/18 Promo fly 3RT/6OW - Get A-List status in 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by flyerchuk
Simply register for this promotion today and you’ll get to take advantage of the perks noted above through April 18, 2015.
I did not get this in my offer. As others have said, there are definitely different variations of the offer.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:01 pm

Interestingly, my email made no such statements about immediately getting A-list...I got the email that stated I need 3 round-trips or 6 one ways to earn it.

However, when I go to My Promotions on the site, it says I'm registered for the promotion and

Register between January 22, 2015 and April 18, 2015 to receive complimentary A-List status.

If you like the perks of being an A-List Member, you can extend your A-List status through December 31, 2015 by flying three revenue roundtrips (or six one-way revenue flights) or earning 8,750 Tier Qualifying Points2 by April 18, 2015. Your A-List status will be extended through the end of the year.
Despite being registered, my account still shows general member. Hmm.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:20 pm

My offer...

Take advantage of the opportunity to experience A-List status through December 31, 2015 by completing these steps.
Register between January 22, 2015 and April 18, 2015.
Book and fly three revenue roundtrips (or six one-way revenue flights) between January 22, 2015 and April 18, 2015.
Or
Earn 8,750 Tier Qualifying Points* between January 22, 2015 and April 18, 2015.

Register today!
Interestingly enough, I was on the phone with a CSR today asking if I could get a reservation I made late last week (a day before my promotion showed up) to count towards the promotion. She said something about me not qualifying to be able to have A status right now but as soon as I made the 3 RT or 6 OW trips I would, at which point I reminded her that I was just looking for this OW to count. She went "oh yeah yeah you're on the get A status promotion, yes let's change it".

So....YMMV...
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
I was not targeted, but I'm already A-List for 2015 and will qualify based on flights for 2016. Wish they would do something to fast track to A-List Preferred or Companion Pass. I'll never hit the 60 or 100 flights (thank God) but would love a fast track just so I can feel more special-er.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:28 am

I think southwest's description of "priority boarding" is funny:

Be one of the first to board with the best available boarding pass.
I thought A list boarding was simply at the end of the As if you don't already have an A?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:00 am

Has anyone who registered for the promo, which includes the comped A-List status for three months, seen the A-List activated, yet?

It's not appearing on boarding pass, whether travel was booked before or after registration.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by trouble747
I thought A list boarding was simply at the end of the As if you don't already have an A?
A-List Preferred boarding starts at A-15 and A-List starts after A-List Preferred. If you don't get an A number A-Listers can board immediately after the A group (A-61).

As A-List I usually am in the mid to upper A-20s although that can vary depending on route.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
A-List Preferred boarding starts at A-15 and A-List starts after A-List Preferred. If you don't get an A number A-Listers can board immediately after the A group (A-61).

As A-List I usually am in the mid to upper A-20s although that can vary depending on route.
Nice! How would a A-list-er not get one of the first ones, if they're blocked out for A-list? Do you still have to check in at T-24?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by mke9499
Has anyone who registered for the promo, which includes the comped A-List status for three months, seen the A-List activated, yet?

It's not appearing on boarding pass, whether travel was booked before or after registration.
Not yet
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:40 am

Nice! How would a A-list-er not get one of the first ones, if they're blocked out for A-list? Do you still have to check in at T-24?
Those who book after T-36 don't get a number from their A-list status. They can do regular check-in starting at T-24, and if they don't get an A, they can board at the end of the A's. With a high number of A-listers on the flight, the assignment at T-36 could even be a B.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by rove312
Those who book after T-36 don't get a number from their A-list status. They can do regular check-in starting at T-24, and if they don't get an A, they can board at the end of the A's. With a high number of A-listers on the flight, the assignment at T-36 could even be a B.
This. But also, IME, the most common times are when an A-Lister has a flight change within T-36 (whether by choice, whether by standby, whether by WX/MX, etc.). There are many other examples too, which is exactly WN instituted the policy that A-Listers without an "A" can board after A-group and before Family Boarding.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:10 pm

Well that makes much more sense than my incorrect understanding of it. Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:37 pm

Just checked after reading this thread, and I got it! Now I need to book 3 cheap round trips as I have nothing planned for this time frame. But it is so worth it for me.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Got it as well
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)
Originally Posted by flyerchuk
Quote:

Originally Posted by FindAWay

Interesting - thanks for posting the additional language as that has not previously been posted!

IIRC, that is different than past fast-track elite earning promotions.

Yes, it is. As a matter of fact, I had just started the "regular" challenge on the 19th. Same terms (3 Rt or 6 OW), but I would only get A-list for 6 months, and it didn't start until after I completed the flights.
Same here. Did the challenge from F9 summit status. This is a way better deal/offer. F9 status is definitely completely useless!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.