Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

DMN: Southwest Airlines reverses course on schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DMN: Southwest Airlines reverses course on schedule

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Landed 20 minutes early tonight from BNA, and last week I landed 40(!!) minutes early from CMH. Light headwinds helped for sure. Glad we had a gate in PHX both days. All but two flights in October were on time. The delayed flights were only by about 10-15 minutes so not really a big deal.

Originally Posted by dlaue
It has not "returned to normal" for me.

Last 2 flights were late. 18 min and 25 min.

Both started almost on time.

My experience is either exceptional, or they are delusional.
Two flights out of 3,500 or so each day does not make a pattern. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Originally Posted by djp98374
Legacy airlines in this situation would do plane substitutions on a route from the hub.to prevent later delays. Southwest rarely does this.
Not always. I've had late inbounds on DL and AA leaving a hub. It happens. WN does swaps pretty routinely (they happen more in the "hub" cities--I see them regularly in PHX).
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: sw
Originally Posted by chuckworth
They also added more -800s to the fleet and still blocked them for and attempted 30 minute turns when it was more like 50-60 minute turns. I avoided all -800 flights except for first of the day in order to have a chance to be on-time.

It wasn't just one of these factors alone but instead the combination of all of them that tanked WN's timelines.

There has not been a 800 scheduled for a 30 minute turn in the history of WN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.