Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Brewer20
Same thing happened to me. Charges posted a few days before statement closing. I got the points for the purchases, but not the 50k bonus. Chase told me they will post with the next statement. Seems to be a common occurrence.

Not a big deal to me, as I won't have completed all my spend for the companion pass till next month. I contacted Chase to make sure my application was properly associated with the 50k bonus.
Charges (those that get you above the necessary bonus-point threshold) that post withing five days or so of statement closing almost always cause the bonus points to post after the following statement.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Southwest CP
This is frustrating, I'm looking @100,303 pts needed for CP. Already got credit for my Jan 14 statement closing on the two CCs, and I have another 500 coming my way from e-miles transfer...but I guess my last expenses were too close to statement closing date to get the bonus points to post? Would it work to call Chase and have them close my next statement early? Have flights booked 2/27-3/1 and 3/6-3/8 that I want to make sure to get fiance on.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pointscount87
This is frustrating, I'm looking @100,303 pts needed for CP. Already got credit for my Jan 14 statement closing on the two CCs, and I have another 500 coming my way from e-miles transfer...but I guess my last expenses were too close to statement closing date to get the bonus points to post? Would it work to call Chase and have them close my next statement early? Have flights booked 2/27-3/1 and 3/6-3/8 that I want to make sure to get fiance on.
If your next statement closes Feb 14th and your points post by Feb 16th you should be fine. I believe you can call up to Southwest once your account has reflected you got your CP and they can add your companion for you if it won't allow you to do it online yet.

Last edited by Hecta; Jan 22, 2015 at 1:56 pm
Old Jan 22, 2015, 2:56 pm

I guess my concern is that the flights will sell out, at least at the WGA level. I'm not EAs concerned about the first trip, which are some late night ORF-BWI-ISP and return trips, but the second ones are direct ORF-MCO and the return flight for that, the only one each day, as it normally requires a connection somewhere
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:11 pm

I guess my concern is that the flights will sell out, at least at the WGA level. I'm not EAs concerned about the first trip, which are some late night ORF-BWI-ISP and return trips, but the second ones are direct ORF-MCO and the return flight for that, the only one each day, as it normally requires a connection somewhere
Your CP will count towards ANY seat, not just WGA fares. If there is a seat remaining on the flight (WGA, Anytime, or BS), your CP will be able to book just fine.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:59 pm

Ah then I must have misread that at some point, thought there had to be a seat left in the same class as my seat. I'm still a bit worried about those ORF-MCO flights, as that's getting into prime spring break season and that's the only direct flight a day on WN, but I suppose I'll hope for the best.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:04 am

Ah then I must have misread that at some point, thought there had to be a seat left in the same class as my seat. I'm still a bit worried about those ORF-MCO flights, as that's getting into prime spring break season and that's the only direct flight a day on WN, but I suppose I'll hope for the best.
As has been discussed elsewhere, I believe you can use points to book her a seat and then have it changed to a companion seat later, with the points refunded.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: Lotz
Has anyone been successful at changing companions more than 3 times? Do they interpret 3 times per pass or 3 times per year? I've seen both in comments, even though it's supposed to be per life of the pass. (I've seen the "trick" to get phoney tickets to get past TSA but TSA scares me too much)

some data from my recent CP run:

1. I had all my Chase cc accounts closed (by Chase) 20 months ago but got new RR cards and new bonuses 21 months after having gotten the bonuses before. At least one poster says they got all 4 RR cards twice with bonuses in under 20 months.

2. To get the "filler" 6K points Wyndham is having a 30% discount sale now and their points transfer within a day. I also bought some Choice points but they took 9 days to transfer. For both you need to put enough leading zeros before your RR number for the transfer to make 14 digits. For most of us it takes five zeros before the RR number. Otherwise Choice won't take the number and Wyndham won't actually do the transfer.

3. For the $2K bonus spend returns aren't taken off. It's once you've spent $2K regardless of any returns. Returns only count against actual points. I had tried to do a return to delay my spend but was told on FT it wouldn't work and Chase confirmed that. I earned just 1300 actual points because of the return but got the bonus for having spent over $2K.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:33 pm

Question Wyndham Rewards points sale

Originally Posted by tassojunior

2. To get the "filler" 6K points Wyndham is having a 30% discount sale now and their points transfer within a day. I also bought some Choice points but they took 9 days to transfer. For both you need to put enough leading zeros before your RR number for the transfer to make 14 digits. For most of us it takes five zeros before the RR number. Otherwise Choice won't take the number and Wyndham won't actually do the transfer.
Hi tassojunior,

When I log into my Wyndham Rewards account to buy points, I don't see any information about the 30% sale. Would you (or anyone reading this post who can help) be so kind as to provide a link to the offer?

Thanks to all the FT'ers for their contributions to this thread; it's been very helpful in my quest for a Companion Pass! ^

Itinerant14life
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Itinerant14life
Hi tassojunior,

When I log into my Wyndham Rewards account to buy points, I don't see any information about the 30% sale. Would you (or anyone reading this post who can help) be so kind as to provide a link to the offer?

Thanks to all the FT'ers for their contributions to this thread; it's been very helpful in my quest for a Companion Pass! ^

Itinerant14life
Here's the link I use. When I click on "Buy Points" it tells me I have an "exclusive offer for 30% bonus" :

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
How long will it take the companion pass to hit my account? For Both my Chase cards, the statement closes Feb 15. I already have the 6,000 other points transferred. I was hoping it would be ready in time for a flight on April 1. Is that reasonable?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by whatmakes
How long will it take the companion pass to hit my account? For Both my Chase cards, the statement closes Feb 15. I already have the 6,000 other points transferred. I was hoping it would be ready in time for a flight on April 1. Is that reasonable?
It takes Chase 2-3 days to transfer the points to Southwest after your statement closes. Once there your CP shows up immediately.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tassojunior
It takes Chase 2-3 days to transfer the points to Southwest after your statement closes. Once there your CP shows up immediately.
Okay so it sounds like I should be good to go as long as I make $2,000 on each card by the time my Feb 15 statement closes.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Lifetime Platinum, Rapid Rewards Companion Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
2 to 4 days

Originally Posted by whatmakes
If your charges for the minimum spending post to your Chase card account 4 to 6 days before your statement closes, the bonus should post to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account within 2 to 4 days after the Chase statement closing date.
My 2nd Chase card statement closed on Saturday Jan. 24th and my 50,000 bonus points posted to the Rapid Rewards account on Monday Jan. 26th, in only 2 days.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Sometimes. LOL!

I did a dozen employee baskets around 19 Dec. Site said it took 6-8 weeks or something likd that to process bonus points. NOPE. They all processed with a week and all hit in 2014. There were some better $$ discounts. Oh well. I at least have the points to use towards a future ticket.

It just means I have to spend more money in Jan/Feb to get to the Companion Pass break point. At least it did not hurt me either way.
Not for me, If i look under "All" I see: 01/12/2015 Retail 1800FLOWERS 12/16/2014

but if I look under "companion pass qualifying" I only see the flight I took last weekend...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.