Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ghost Promotion Comes Alive! Double points if booked and flown 9/18/2014 - 11/19/2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ghost Promotion Comes Alive! Double points if booked and flown 9/18/2014 - 11/19/2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I know you can't book on AirTran, but what if I book on WN a AirTran flight? Does that count for the promo? I have a flight where the one way would be AirTran.
As long as you book through WN you should get the points. I can confirm I booked an air tran flight through WN for the previous promotion and received the points. That promo had essentially the same language.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by lukerrie
The promotion showed up in my account this morning. Registered and then rebooked my three future flights, since there was no change in price.
Same here, but just had one flight booked. Cancelled out and re-booked since the price was the same. Now to book two more tonight.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:01 pm

I got this promotion in my email too this morning. It said it was targeted and only the RR member on the email can sign up for it
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by nischalb
I got this promotion in my email too this morning. It said it was targeted and only the RR member on the email can sign up for it
My wife (very frequent SW customer for business travel) got a double point offer email this morning. I (less frequent flyer, usually on wife's points or companion pass) got no email, but found a triple point offer in my account at southwest.com. Not sure how that one works out...

I'm assuming that my wife as A-list preferred will now have an effective 4x point earning during the promo, so she's still better off than me, though.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Franklin7777
I'm assuming that my wife as A-list preferred will now have an effective 4x point earning during the promo, so she's still better off than me, though.
Read the T&Cs, I'm pretty sure your wife has only an effective 3x as ALP (i.e, no ALP bonus on bonus points. ..only base points)
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Read the T&Cs, I'm pretty sure your wife has only an effective 3x as ALP (i.e, no ALP bonus on bonus points. ..only base points)
Correct: 3x
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:56 pm

Not sure if anyone can help with this, and it's a far stretch, but I got the triple points promo and I had just booked a flight last week; is there a possibility they'll extend it to that flight? I'm not sure how easy it is to cancel and re-book since I did it through a travel agency (work travel).
Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by shibbi
Not sure if anyone can help with this, and it's a far stretch, but I got the triple points promo and I had just booked a flight last week; is there a possibility they'll extend it to that flight? I'm not sure how easy it is to cancel and re-book since I did it through a travel agency (work travel).
To take advantage of the promotion, you'll have to get the travel agency to cancel and rebook.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
I got this promo and booked two flights for this past weekend. Did not receive the double points for either flight. What a joke.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by bon95
I got this promo and booked two flights for this past weekend. Did not receive the double points for either flight. What a joke.
Assuming you received and registered-for the promotion by clicking the appropriate "register" radio button while logged-on to your account and *then* made your reservations/flew your trips this pass weekend, call the A+ number and ask them to credit your account appropriately.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by bon95
Has it been 4 days from completing the itinerary?

Per the T&Cs :

Member will receive bonus points within four days after completion of entire ticket.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Premier, Hilton Diamond
I just signed up for the promotion. I have several flights booked on 9/15 (before the promotion window) for travel next week (in the window). Looking at the T&Cs, it doesn't seem clear as to whether I need to cancel & rebook. Do I?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:50 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by ronakshah2000
I just signed up for the promotion. I have several flights booked on 9/15 (before the promotion window) for travel next week (in the window). Looking at the T&Cs, it doesn't seem clear as to whether I need to cancel & rebook. Do I?
Yes. You always need a reservation that was created during the promo window.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:36 pm

I figured it out, I received and registered for the promo on 9/17. Booked flights on 9/17 for travel 9/18 and 9/21 (in addition to many other future dates).

The promo area under My Rapid Rewards says "09/17/2014 - 11/20/14", but when you click on it you see this...

Register between September 18, 2014 and November 20, 2014.

Book your flights through Southwest Airlines® between September 18, 2014 and November 20, 2014.

Complete your flights between September 18, 2014 and November 20, 2014.
Basically just more failure from the IT department. I went and canceled all the other flights I booked on 9/17 and re-booked. My guess is they'll all post correctly going forward.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by steved5480
Assuming you received and registered-for the promotion by clicking the appropriate "register" radio button while logged-on to your account and *then* made your reservations/flew your trips this pass weekend, call the A+ number and ask them to credit your account appropriately.
Called Dallas CR and they credited account. I made adjustments to my future flights to prevent happening again, see above post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.