Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Remodeling to start Tuesday at WN's LAX terminal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remodeling to start Tuesday at WN's LAX terminal

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by LAXative

I wonder how many pilots have been shot at LAX...

Almost every week I see something new done at T 2 ONT on TV since there is no traffic issue there. Most recent for me was an Amazon Fire phone commercial and one for Progressive. ONT is still part of LAWA for now.

Rasheed
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
T1 Modernization

There is one additional rendering (in addition to the ones WN posted) of what the terminal will look like after completion in 2018 and a few additional facts in this PDF.
http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LA...Renovation.pdf

Fact sheets/renderings for all the terminal, facade and roadway remodels/upgrades, current and completed, at LAX are on this page http://www.lawa.org/LAXDev/ProjectFactSheet.aspx
People mover connecting terminals (with Crenshaw line connection), consolidated car rental facility...still in the works...and not listed.

Timeline for T1 Construction (which I posted in another thread in this forum previously):

West Terminal Building: New Skycap, Ticket Lobby, New Baggage Claim, Airline Admin Offices and Bus Gate Holdroom 4th Quarter 2015

Exterior Canopy: Terminals Canopy and Exterior Facade 3rd Quarter 2016
East Terminal Building: New Security Screening Check Point, Checked Baggage Inspection System 4th Quarter 2016

Concourse: New Holdrooms and Concessions, Gate System, Passenger Boarding Bridges 1st Qtr 2015 to 1st Qtr 2018

Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Alarm & Suppression Systems 1st Qtr 2015 to 1st Qtr 2018

http://www.insidesocal.com/aviation/...-prior-budget/

Adding 25 feet to each side of the northern portion of T1 is probably the biggest part of this remodel/construction project.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
It's going to take them four years to finish this? Yet one more reason to avoid the hellhole that is LAX, especially now that the secret bathroom and quiet, deserted waiting area is blocked off.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog
It's going to take them four years to finish this? Yet one more reason to avoid the hellhole that is LAX, especially now that the secret bathroom and quiet, deserted waiting area is blocked off.
Agree...LAX is a truly vile place.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:15 pm

I've always thought LAX was convenient and functional. Now it's a mess. It looks like the airports out east look when there's a snowstorm--no place to even sit on the floor.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Agree...LAX is a truly vile place.
^^^
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by LAXative
I wonder how many pilots have been shot at LAX...

Don't let TSA hear you talk like that.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:25 pm

They've now closed the stairs to the left of the tsa entrance area...the stairs that lead between baggage claim & ticketing floors. Elevator is still operational.

I took pictures from my smartphone inside the secured area of construction on Monday but trying to figure out how to post them here.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:35 pm

Former US Airways baggage claim area is now closed. No more sitting or walking through. They've blocked off the view from the sliding glass doors, too. It was open on Monday evening when I was here so the remodel is really ramping up.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
They've now closed the stairs to the left of the tsa entrance area...the stairs that lead between baggage claim & ticketing floors. Elevator is still operational.
Are the other stairs farther east still open? I usually take the Hertz bus to T1, walk downstairs and across the street to T6 when I'm flying AS.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:07 am

Are the other stairs farther east still open? I usually take the Hertz bus to T1, walk downstairs and across the street to T6 when I'm flying AS.
Yes and I walked down them myself yesterday. Nothing to the east (right) of the TSA entrance is going to be touched until the ticket counter moves to where the former US Airways counter was.

I was also on the Hertz bus yesterday & you are now let off between T1 & T2 (closer to T1) so you do have to walk back outside a little bit.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn't T6 about equally across from T2 as from T1? (According to the terminal maps I've seen, T6 seems to be across from about the midway point between T1 and T2.) Ie, now that you have walk back from halfway between T2 and T1 to T1 to get to the T1 stairs at the east end, isn't it more practical (if your goal is T6) to just get off at T2 and take the stairs there?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:21 am

Westfield announces first retail and F&B destinations in LAX T1 overhaul

http://www.moodiereport.com/document...6&doc_id=42391
http://www.dfnionline.com/latest-new...t1-28-01-2015/
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Awesome! I love URL links in my renovated terminals!

24 new stores,
- Rock & Brews, founded by KISSers Simmons and Stanley, because Hard Rock wasn't ubiquitous enough.
- Be Relax, to destress after you go through the massive Friday-afternoon WN lines.
- Quiksilver, to pick up your standard-issue Southern California surf uniform upon arrival.
- Treat Me Sweet, lest your blood sugar fall too rapidly.
- I Love LA, to grab your last-minute overpriced souvenirs for your mother's great-aunt, twice removed.
- Brookstone, so you don't have to visit Be Relax by just using their massage chairs.
- ... and others, including another full-service restaurant.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by VNAFlyer
- Rock & Brews, founded by KISSers Simmons and Stanley, because Hard Rock wasn't ubiquitous enough.
Sounds almost like a carbon copy of T5, where you get to listen to the same 15 songs that play continually on the "classic rock" station 95.5 KLOS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.