Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN Announcement- Bold new look, same Southwest Heart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:40 am
Company Representative, Southwest
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards

So in 1971, we built a different kind of airline—one that made sure everyone could fly.

Everyone has important places to go. So we invented low fares to help them get there.

To us, you’re not 1A or 17B. You’re a person with a name, like Steve.
Here, we think everyone deserves to feel special, no matter where you sit or how much you fly.

And with all the places we’re going next, we’ll always put you first, because our love of People is still our most powerful fuel.
Some say we do things differently.

We say, why would we do things any other way?
Without a heart, it’s just a machine.

For videos, 3D images, and more—all about Southwest Heart—visit Southwest.com/Heart

Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by SouthwestAir
So in 1971, we built a different kind of airline—one that made sure everyone could fly.

Everyone has important places to go. So we invented low fares to help them get there.

To us, you’re not 1A or 17B. You’re a person with a name, like Steve.
Here, we think everyone deserves to feel special, no matter where you sit or how much you fly.

And with all the places we’re going next, we’ll always put you first, because our love of People is still our most powerful fuel.
Some say we do things differently.

We say, why would we do things any other way?
Without a heart, it’s just a machine.

For videos, 3D images, and more—all about Southwest Heart—visit Southwest.com/Heart

Thanks for the official "word", Rob.

Please don't be a stranger around these parts...we're not generally as cranky as we may sometimes sound
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Seriously?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:10 am

My name isn't Steve, but I'll reply anyway. Please report back here when you have your serious scheduling issues fixed. Parachuting in with stuff like your OP doesn't give you much credibility.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by smmrfld
My name isn't Steve, but I'll reply anyway. Please report back here when you have your serious scheduling issues fixed. Parachuting in with stuff like your OP doesn't give you much credibility.
LOL ^^^
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:28 am

OP: We've been talking about this for over a week now. If you'd care to learn what we think about the new look/direction, you should check out the discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ry-scheme.html
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ursine1
OP: We've been talking about this for over a week now. If you'd care to learn what we think about the new look/direction, you should check out the discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ry-scheme.html
You know this thread was an OFFICIAL post from Southwest right?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by john398
You know this thread was an OFFICIAL post from Southwest right?
Yes.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:06 am
Company Representative, Southwest
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by smmrfld
smmrfld,

Improving our ontime performance is one of the most important things we are focusing on for the rest of 2014, independent of this work. We are also expanding our Social Care Team and hope to increase our presence here on the Flyertalk forum.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Forget on-time performance, I'd take an extra 2 inches of leg room!!!

Last edited by jb3t; Sep 8, 2014 at 11:22 am
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: BA, CX, LH, WN
Is it just me or the color in the above photo looks more purplish than blue

The 3D photo on Southwest.com/Heart is awesome though ^ ^

The Southwest font looks more more elegant and bold and overall a clean design. Good job to the team ^ ^
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by SouthwestAir
smmrfld,

Improving our ontime performance is one of the most important things we are focusing on for the rest of 2014, independent of this work. We are also expanding our Social Care Team and hope to increase our presence here on the Flyertalk forum.
Thanks for the comments, SWA. Don't let some of these FT curmudgeons (all good things, all good things) scare you away.

Other than on-time performance, fixing the website bugs (perhaps these fixes have been deprioritized in favor of using resources for the new Amadeus reservation system?), more comfortable seats and extra legroom (ie, going back to the pre-Evolve seats), and more meaningful benefits (like a reserved seating area with more legroom, etc) for Business Select fares (a few extra points, a free drink that most people aren't going to use at 7:00 am, and getting first on the plane only to find that your favorite exit row seat has already been taken by a through passenger just isn't that rewarding to most frequent fliers) would go along way in making your frequent and business customers much more happy than they are today.

Just my $.02, of course, but I think this covers the vast majority of complaints encountered on FT.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by texashoser
Thanks for the comments, SWA. Don't let some of these FT curmudgeons (all good things, all good things) scare you away.

Other than on-time performance, fixing the website bugs (perhaps these fixes have been deprioritized in favor of using resources for the new Amadeus reservation system?), more comfortable seats and extra legroom (ie, going back to the pre-Evolve seats), and more meaningful benefits (like a reserved seating area with more legroom, etc) for Business Select fares (a few extra points, a free drink that most people aren't going to use at 7:00 am, and getting first on the plane only to find that your favorite exit row seat has already been taken by a through passenger just isn't that rewarding to most frequent fliers) would go along way in making your frequent and business customers much more happy than they are today.

Just my $.02, of course, but I think this covers the vast majority of complaints encountered on FT.
Complain, complain, complain… is that all you anti-Southwest curmudgeons do?

Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
Complain, complain, complain… is that all you anti-Southwest curmudgeons do?

Oh, I'm not complaining - I'm just pointing out facts!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Talking

Yup. I live in BNA, and by virtue of the fact that WN has so many nonstops from here, wind up taking it if I don't want to fly through ATL for everything.

I really, really, really hate the Evolve seats. I'm 5'5" and the seatbacks are so high I can't see out - the experience feels like being locked in a closet. I'm not a claustrophobic flyer generally, but on a trip from EWR-BNA this past week had to do a lot of talking to myself. Also, there's a bar underneath every aisle seat that means I can't get as much underneath it, so I have to sit at the window - long story short I am now driving as much as possible, trips under 14 hours or so.

I'd certainly have preferred the old color scheme and previous seating. Just a thought. Also, anyone know if another round of RR devaluations are being made public? Loyalty program "rightsizing" is usually what I expect from a "rebranding"-looking announcement from an airline or hotel chain these days...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.