Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN Announcement- Bold new look, same Southwest Heart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN Announcement- Bold new look, same Southwest Heart

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by john398
Ummm they do fly internationally

LOL I hear lipstick on a pig too much when rebranding occurs
Hilarious! I knew someone would say that. So they just started flying to a couple of tourist destinations outside the US? Sorry not much business in Cancun at the moment.

Below average airline, limited offerings, brilliant marketing. LUV YA

Last edited by dilbertsdaddy; Sep 9, 2014 at 11:35 am
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
I still do not know why WN slightly lowered the seats with Evolve. There is less height under the seat to shove carry ons.

I do not see any folks that sit have have their head brush the overhead bins, ala seat C in an RJ.

A taller seat, even by an inch or two, would make a difference to those with long legs.

I do not think that it would induce claustrophobia in those with long torsos, or excessive neck strain from those with windows seats.

The net of this is that I don't care if WN pulls a Crandall and keeps the planes bare shiny metal.

I want seats and storage.

And cheaper fares.

And promos for A++++ members that chose to fly WN, and defend it in boardrooms across the country.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Texas Booster
I still do not know why WN slightly lowered the seats with Evolve. There is less height under the seat to shove carry ons.

They used the same seat frames and only used thinner seat cushions. Height under the seat should be the same. We actually gained volume under the seat, due to them using much smaller/thin life jacket storage instead of a solid metal case.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by expert7700
They used the same seat frames and only used thinner seat cushions. Height under the seat should be the same.
There were two types of seat frames on the pre-evolve interiors. The original ones (still found on some 733s) were higher. Starting with the "eco-plane" the seat frames were lowered to the current height. So a handful were floating around with the frames and the old seats.

The new frames are definitely lower.

Originally Posted by SoCal
i.e. advertisement.
Of course it is. But how is it any different than the UA/DL reps coming on the tout the changes to their MP/SM programs or their new "more personal space but less legroom" seating?

Originally Posted by LAXative
I have. Those lines in front of T1 are horrid. No thanks.
They aren't much different than Seattle, Portland, Charlotte, LAX T5/T7 etc on Monday mornings. The FlyBy lane/PreCheck has largely solved the issue of waiting outside at LAX though. In fact, as much as I despise LAX (it's even worse with gates 1/2 blocked off), security at T1 is fairly painless now. The same can't be said for SEA where the TSA is constantly understaffed and most PreCheck lanes are closed.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:01 pm

This Twitter feed won't be around for long.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GaryKellyCEO/tweets
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Deleted

Last edited by steved5480; Sep 9, 2014 at 10:23 pm
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:28 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by steved5480
8 minutes after your original post and it appears to have vanished already.........
It's there. My favorite is:
No, we did not get the planes redone on @MTV's "Pimp My Ride".
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by kerflumexed
This Twitter feed won't be around for long.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GaryKellyCEO/tweets
Now that's funny! Well done!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:39 pm

I gave a shrug to the new livery. Doesn't seize my attention or make me say "wow". Although given how some major carriers' recent new liveries look decidedly worse than their old ones, I suppose the fact that I'm indifferent to this means it is actually an "improvement" as far as new liveries are concerned. Or maybe my expectations are just too low when it comes to new liveries...
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred and CP, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
New branding at DAL looks good. It's everywhere -- ticketing/bag check, all gates, flight status monitors, standby list monitors, carryon signage, ads, credit card sign up booth. Haven't seen anything in old colors except uniforms and planes. Impressive.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by LAXative
I have. Those lines in front of T1 are horrid. No thanks.
If you flew WN regularly...you wouldn't have to wait in line...
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by mek17
New branding at DAL looks good. It's everywhere -- ticketing/bag check, all gates, flight status monitors, standby list monitors, carryon signage, ads, credit card sign up booth. Haven't seen anything in old colors except uniforms and planes. Impressive.
You should take some pictures for us!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by john398
You know this thread was an OFFICIAL post from Southwest right?
An official rah-rah free advertisement, hardly an official informative post!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by expert7700
The witty answers to OP are a good indicator of why we scare away Southwest company reps so quickly.
Well they scare people away with their atrocious on time performance and Evolve seats so its only fair IMO

Originally Posted by SouthwestAir
smmrfld,

Improving our ontime performance is one of the most important things we are focusing on for the rest of 2014, independent of this work. We are also expanding our Social Care Team and hope to increase our presence here on the Flyertalk forum.
It just seems a bit odd that Southwest is excited about paint when they seemed to have lost the ability to effectively run the most important part of an airline - getting people to their destinations when they say they will.

I used to like Southwest I really did. But then month after month of delays and missed connections took their toll and now I try to avoid WN if at all possible.

Last edited by Exterous; Sep 11, 2014 at 11:00 am
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Exterous
Well they scare people away with their atrocious on time performance and Evolve seats so its only fair IMO

It just seems a bit odd that Southwest is excited about paint when they seemed to have lost the ability to effectively run the most important part of an airline - getting people to their destinations when they say they will.

I used to like Southwest I really did. But then month after month of delays and missed connections took their toll and now I try to avoid NW if at all possible.

Well, that shouldn't be too hard because NW is no longer around for at least 5 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.