Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website Redesign

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by jchasewilliams
The tweeted to me today that new cards will begin sending in Mid-October. Their FAQ says that a new Chase design is coming, but that it may be a while.
I didn't see credit cards mentioned in the FAQ; do you have a reference?

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
The first batch are likely to go to former Airtran Credit Card Holders as that card is being discontinued and they have already announced new cards would be issued.
Possibly. But that's not how it usually works. (I'm in the banking industry.) In general, the new design is approved, and then sent to the plastics manufacturer. Then the completed new blanks are sent to the card processor who disposes of old stock and begins using the new ones. October seems feasible for introduction of the new card design, but I would't be shocked if AirTran customers receive old plastics for now. The banks are usually quite a bit farther behind their partner companies when it comes to implementing re-branding efforts.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
but I would't be shocked if AirTran customers receive old plastics for now. The banks are usually quite a bit farther behind their partner companies when it comes to implementing re-branding efforts.
Airtran customers already have received new cards once when Southwest switched banks. So I don't think there will be new cards issued before the final switch to Southwest branded cards. Since that it a separate list due for replacement I'm just guessing they will be first. The end of Airtran booking Nov 1 fits nicely with the October time line for new cards.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
I see a few glitches in the site.....

1. pain in the behind to log into your FF account. Used to be a direct link on the home screen

2. It appears they just changed the outer shell of the web site--you still go to some of the older structures.

3. If you wnter a flight search it comes up with an old screen and you have the firect access to your account with a log in box on the side

4. If you book cars through the site it seems a little screwed up. If you go and see their car promo rates like renting a car through XXX you will get 600/1200/1800/2400 bonus points depending on lenght of rental but you need to click on these links to get there. It appears from the home screen you can go into one rental page but if you go through these promos you go to a different rental page. Another problem is if you are going to do multiple rentals at one sitting the older structure was easier to do--the new structures change some of the top bar controls and thus makes you need to get to the home page to redo it instead of how it used to be.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:54 pm

At least for now, make this your home page:

http://www.southwest.com/flight/?int...T-ADVANCED-AIR

Has the recent flight search and same-page login.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I didn't see credit cards mentioned in the FAQ; do you have a reference?
It was in the FAQ that you can download from the release. Reading through it, it seems as though it was written for employees - but it has some great details in it!

http://heart.swamedia.com/news/index.html
Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:40 pm

It was in the FAQ that you can download from the release. Reading through it, it seems as though it was written for employees - but it has some great details in it!

http://heart.swamedia.com/news/index.html
Thanks -- many more details there than in the general public FAQ.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Love the new look & the new website. We all get new RR cards too!
They have RR cards? I don't think I ever got one.

Unless you mean the Chase Visa cards; yep I've got that one.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Where did RR Shopping go?

I finally found it by searching for "Shopping" on the home page but that seems unnecessarily complicated.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
They have RR cards? I don't think I ever got one.

Unless you mean the Chase Visa cards; yep I've got that one.
I'm not sure if they mail plain old RR membership cards anymore. At least I haven't got one. They do mail nice plastic A-List, A-List Preferred, and Companion Pass cards, though.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by texashoser
I'm not sure if they mail plain old RR membership cards anymore. At least I haven't got one. They do mail nice plastic A-List, A-List Preferred, and Companion Pass cards, though.
I thought the same thing, but the photo on the launch website seems to show a "regular" card, along with the two A-List varieties. (And… apparently no CP card. Interesting.)

Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
"Customer care. In addition, the airline will introduce a refresh to its signature “DING!” mnemonic."

Ding still exists?

Don't think I have looked at it in over a year.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Some pages not displaying cleanly in Chrome

Website coders have some work to do:
http://www.southwest.com/html/custom...T-BAGGAGE-FEES
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I thought the same thing, but the photo on the launch website seems to show a "regular" card, along with the two A-List varieties. (And… apparently no CP card. Interesting.)

The CP card isn't present in that photo, but if you check out the tiers section on the website, there is an image of it:

http://www.southwest.com/rapidreward...companion-pass
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:47 am

Well the stupid OOPS messages are alive and well.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:51 am

Maybe you have to call and ask for one. Think about all the folks that sign up for the program and don't actually use it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.