Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fastest way to have CPQP post?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Fastest way to have CPQP post?

(Mods, please move this if appropriate.)

Is there any way to ensure that I can post ~2k miles to my Southwest account within a week?

I'm ~2k points short of the CP. I have a flight booked for 9/4, for which I was planning to use my newly acquired CP. Unfortunately, there was a mix up with Chase and my CC statement won't cut until a week after the flight. I've initiated a transfer from my Hyatt account, but I'm not banking on it hitting my Southwest account in time. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by smoothmunkey
(Mods, please move this if appropriate.)

Is there any way to ensure that I can post ~2k miles to my Southwest account within a week?

I'm ~2k points short of the CP. I have a flight booked for 9/4, for which I was planning to use my newly acquired CP. Unfortunately, there was a mix up with Chase and my CC statement won't cut until a week after the flight. I've initiated a transfer from my Hyatt account, but I'm not banking on it hitting my Southwest account in time. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Very easy to do. Just fly BS with a fare high enough to get you the points you need. They'll post within a day or so.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Hotel stays and car rentals are pretty fast to post, in general. But not guaranteed.

I bet you'll be OK with the Hyatt transfer (when did you make it?), but not sure. You could also transfer in Choice/Amtrak/Diners/whatever as a backup if you have some.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:51 pm

You could buy points for $55.00 but I don't know if they are CPQP. I don't know how fast Hyatt points transfer but Marriott points have transferred in a couple of days for me.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
You could buy points for $55.00 but I don't know if they are CPQP.
They are not.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard that the Hyatt points usually post within a week, but I was hoping someone would have a magic bullet that I wasn't aware of. I tried calling Hyatt and SW, but both were exceedingly unhelpful. Epic planning fail on my part. At least there are no change fees if I decide to move it back a few weeks...
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
You could buy points for $55.00 but I don't know if they are CPQP. I don't know how fast Hyatt points transfer but Marriott points have transferred in a couple of days for me.
That was my first thought - they don't :/
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:50 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
RR shopping can be pretty fast, but no guarantees. I'm 3 for 3 on speed so far (less than a week). Still, $2k is a chunk of spending unless there's a crazy promo happening.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Hotel stays and car rentals are pretty fast to post, in general. But not guaranteed.

I bet you'll be OK with the Hyatt transfer (when did you make it?), but not sure. You could also transfer in Choice/Amtrak/Diners/whatever as a backup if you have some.
I did a chase>hyatt>sw transfer earlier this year. Less that 2 days from start to finish.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wetsand
I did a chase>hyatt>sw transfer earlier this year. Less that 2 days from start to finish.
Thanks for the data point. Very encouraging!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
RR shopping can be pretty fast, but no guarantees. I'm 3 for 3 on speed so far (less than a week). Still, $2k is a chunk of spending unless there's a crazy promo happening.
Ha, yea, it would be a great option if I only needed a few points.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Just got off the phone with Chase. Turns out that the rep who told me my account wasn't going to cut until the 15th was mistaken, and my statement will cut on the first (as I requested back in June), making my whole transfer of the 5k UR > Hyatt > SW unnecessary and wasteful. BUT Chase gave me 2k UR for their mess up

Not ideal, but I'm only out the 3k UR, which I turned into 2.5k RR. Considering I'll use them on WGA fares with a CP, I'm not losing any sleep on the inefficiency.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:04 pm

Glad as it worked out for you.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Originally Posted by smoothmunkey
Just got off the phone with Chase. Turns out that the rep who told me my account wasn't going to cut until the 15th was mistaken, and my statement will cut on the first (as I requested back in June), making my whole transfer of the 5k UR > Hyatt > SW unnecessary and wasteful. BUT Chase gave me 2k UR for their mess up

Not ideal, but I'm only out the 3k UR, which I turned into 2.5k RR. Considering I'll use them on WGA fares with a CP, I'm not losing any sleep on the inefficiency.
BTW that can take a few days to post as well. Typically my statement closes and then 2 days later the points post to my RR account. It looks like my statement closes on the 27th and points post on the 29th so you'll be cutting it close but you should be able to make it. I didn't notice that one month took 5 days, but I believe that was my first month with the card. Let us know if everything posted okay before the flight.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HansGruber
BTW that can take a few days to post as well. Typically my statement closes and then 2 days later the points post to my RR account. It looks like my statement closes on the 27th and points post on the 29th so you'll be cutting it close but you should be able to make it. I didn't notice that one month took 5 days, but I believe that was my first month with the card. Let us know if everything posted okay before the flight.
The Chase rep who helped me and gave me the credit actually told me that points can take much longer to post to SW (I think he said up to 60 days), but my experience has been similar to yours.

This was a flippant decision and I really didn't plan very well. But for 19k points RT for 2 without change fees, I figured I'd book and pray

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.