Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Always a freaking problem with their web site

Always a freaking problem with their web site

Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by flyventure
Trust me, the Oops messages as generic as they are annoyed the living snot out of me (and most of us) every day. I've been designing websites for 20+ years now and I am also a software developer on the side. I can't stand vague non-informative errors. I have a feeling really fixing things as much as possible is a low priority right now (unless it impacts a large number of folks) until Altea is handling domestic operations. You should see the pages of open tickets there are for the SAAS res system, but it would only annoy you even more.
I'm glad we agree on something.

The most annoying aspect of the "OPPS" messages is that they very often identify a generic problem (like an expired session) but fail to offer a a solution (like a chance to login again) and take up a significant portion of the screen while being generally unhelpful.

I doubt that Altea will resolve the problems because the website will continue to ride on top of their infrastructure.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyventure
Trust me, the Oops messages as generic as they are annoyed the living snot out of me (and most of us) every day. I've been designing websites for 20+ years now and I am also a software developer on the side. I can't stand vague non-informative errors. I have a feeling really fixing things as much as possible is a low priority right now (unless it impacts a large number of folks) until Altea is handling domestic operations. You should see the pages of open tickets there are for the SAAS res system, but it would only annoy you even more.
I used to write code in another life about 25 year ago. Error messages are really fun to write, and having a generic OOPS page is rude and shows lack of talent.

I sort of remember one of my favorites:

Uh oh. Whatever key you just hit confused me. It's probably not your fault as I am just a stupid computer. I look smart because I do simple things very fast. Do me a favor, try that again and I will try to do better. Deal? Or you could just start all over. I know, seems like a waste of time, but it may be the quickest way to get what you want. Sorry.
Another:

You have been trapped in an infinite loop. It is not really infinite as I saw you going round and round and about the gazillionth time through I jumped in with this message. Infinity is tough. It like goes on forever, so be glad I jumped in or you would still be there. Now that we are stuck here together, let's do something. Going back to the home screen and starting over will almost always work, but that may be a lot of work. You can try "BACK" but you may just back into that same infinite loop. Oh well, no harm in trying. If you find that loop you will just see this message again. So if you come back here, start over.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:35 am

Then there's the always descriptive

"Something bad happened."
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:23 am

While OOPS is very annoying, for me the widely used, meaningless "Error message #fgkljsgljfkglj389490823748902377" even worse.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Sorry to dig up an older post but I'm now getting "We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later." when trying to login. Username and password are correct. Mobile app is giving an error too.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, WN CP & A-List P
You're not alone! Always nice to visit this site for confirmation that I'm not the only one!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I was on hold for ~20 minutes earlier. The rep said this was a known issue and to check back in "5 or 10 minutes." That was easily an hour ago.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Seems fixed now.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LTP, PP
Every MF'ing time I go to buy a RR ticket for my daughter. Seconds earlier, I made a change for myself on a BS fare, paid an extra $22 with the same credit card, with no problems.

Not enough funds to purchase a ticket. Make sure the total amount of form of payments matches total ticketing price (SW101201-KuykgovUT3mLYzLCz05h-g)
(Friday, November 7, 2014 3:07:27 PM CST)

I know, its my fault since I insist on using XP and Chrome and feel its an inconvenience to log out, clear cache & cookies, reboot and reenter all flight and passenger information...

Last edited by joshua362; Nov 7, 2014 at 2:27 pm
Old Nov 8, 2014, 6:03 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I am glad this was resurrected. I think the timeout error is the most ridiculous use of OOPS! that they do. Simply bring up a log in screen. If you don't need to log in have a "home page" and "continue without logging in" button.

The one that infuriates me is the one I get when checking old TTF's to see if they have money in them. Up to four old TTF's can be entered and if one or more is typed in wrong, 1 for I or 0 for O, it give this screaming OOPS! you are an idiot message. I may be, but there is a nice way to tell me.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone else having availability issues with the calendar this morning? I went to book BOI-CUN in Feb and there are no return flights available all month (other than Feb 1). Getting to CUN has availability on every day in Feb... strange.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 2:03 pm

Sometimes the are no valid connections. That's what this looks like.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Sometimes the are no valid connections. That's what this looks like.
The entire month was open yesterday and I have a friend who has a ticket booked already coming back form Cancun. This makes no sense.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by joshua362
Every MF'ing time I go to buy a RR ticket for my daughter. Seconds earlier, I made a change for myself on a BS fare, paid an extra $22 with the same credit card, with no problems.

Not enough funds to purchase a ticket. Make sure the total amount of form of payments matches total ticketing price (SW101201-KuykgovUT3mLYzLCz05h-g)
(Friday, November 7, 2014 3:07:27 PM CST)

I know, its my fault since I insist on using XP and Chrome and feel its an inconvenience to log out, clear cache & cookies, reboot and reenter all flight and passenger information...
I send an email in a few days ago describing the above. A few days later, I get an email giving me a phone number to call since "due to high volumes" it may take 30 days to get a response. The next day I get this reply. Rest assured, the problem will be fixed!

We're sorry that you encountered an issue when booing travel using your Rapid Rewards Points. Your concerns are important to us, and we appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Our web site is an invaluable marketing tool, allowing us to sell our products and provide helpful information to our Customers. You can imagine that we want southwest.com to be easy to navigate and user-friendly. Im so sorry to hear youve received an error message when booking and regret your frustration. While our Technology Team was not aware of this issue, we know that experiencing a technical issue causes inconvenience, which is why we will use the information you provided to ensure that our web site is working correctly. In the meantime, if you continue to experience problems or need assistance, call us at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

We realize that, as an A-List Preferred Member, you have a unique and invaluable perspective, and we always want to use your feedback to sharpen our operation. Your patronage is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve your air travel needs.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:48 pm

This is a new one on me.

An associate has an upcoming trip on WN, RSW-MKE. When trying to open the itinerary, a completely different trip opens - one for a February 2014 routing of DAL-BOS, with a connection at MDW. The return is similar.

To make it even more strange, this person has never booked a DAL-BOS trip on Southwest.

This happens when going thru the "My Account" page, even when logging out and back in again. "My Account" looks like it's still a work in progress.

I must admit, though, I do like the new design; now, if only it were completely functional.

Update: I just logged in to my own account, and the same false itinerary is displayed when clicking on any/all of my upcoming flights!

Last edited by mke9499; Nov 20, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.