Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

International Anytime/Bus Select: NON REFUNDABLE if modified in any way

Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium

Pretty rotten to do this to customers. BE CAREFUL! Never, ever, change an International AT/BS fare. Cancel and rebook, to ensure your funds remain fully refundable.

Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by expert7700
Pretty rotten to do this to customers. BE CAREFUL! Never, ever, change an International AT/BS fare. Cancel and rebook, to ensure your funds remain fully refundable.

Very interesting, thank you for posting!

This gyration appears to be the inverse/opposite of what is recommended on a Domestic reservation to generate an inverse/opposite reaction. Do we chalk it up to the becoming-more-consistent Southwest IT incompetence? Or has Random-Shena & her evil stepsister Intentional-Shena finally taken root over here?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
If the IT dept took the time to make a graphic file, it was planned this way.

The scary thing is: Southwest is under contract to move their domestic flights to the same new reservation system.

To avoid another "hefty" Dept of Transportation fine, Southwest had better start changing fully refundable business select/anytime fare advertisements. What's more catchy? POTENTIALLY refundable? POSSIBLY refundable?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:59 am

Let me suggest that the Almighty Southwest IT department may not have done this and it is something Amadaeus did.

Have you contacted Southwest to see if this correct?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Let me suggest that ... it is something Amadaeus did.
"Too many restrictions! Just cut a few, and it'll be perfect!"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.