Wiki Posts
Search

Kick Tail Vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platnium, SWA A+, CP
Kick Tail Vouchers

I just renewed my A+ status for next year and in the packet there were 8 black vouchers. At first glance I thought these were a newly designed drink ticket. Nope. They are vouchers that you can give to a WN employee so that they get recognition.

I am wondering how best to use these vouchers. Any ideas?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Prompt and repeated drink service. Might even get you a few complementary drinks too...
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat, A3* Gold, WN A+ CP, Marriott Plat Prem (LTP), Hilton Gold, Avis First, Hertz PC
I got the same along with my renewal card last week. Yesterday I was talking to a WN flight attendant while waiting for everyone to board and asked her what they get from accumulating the Kick Tail vouchers.

She had never heard of them and when I showed them to her, had no idea. Encouraging. I assume it's a new initiative that just hasn't been fully communicated yet.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I want to send mine to some of our fine reps here at Flyer Talk. Is there a way to do that? Verity has helped me many times.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:44 pm

Huh? I'm A+ and a companion pass earner many years in a row. I would have thought I'd receive them. So far nothing. Is this some sort of gradual roll out? Alaska has provided these to their elite level passengers for years.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by bofc
Huh? I'm A+ and a companion pass earner many years in a row. I would have thought I'd receive them. So far nothing. Is this some sort of gradual roll out? Alaska has provided these to their elite level passengers for years.
Didi you just renew? It seems from the reports that they are issued with renewals.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:49 am

Kick Tail

Originally Posted by bofc
I qualified for A plus about a month ago again and they came with my new card saying I was good till 12/31/15.

Does anyone know how this benifts those who receive the coupons?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Did a bit of googling and found this in a 2008 document:

Operation: Kick Tail
Leaders can give Kick Tail-A-Grams to Employees
whom they witness embodying the Southwest Way.
This can include attending a Company event such as
Message to the Field or Chili Cookoff; participating
in a Local Culture Committee Event; participating in
a Share the Spirit Event; receiving a commendation
letter from an Internal or External Customer; or simply
creating a FUN moment for Coworkers. Names of Kick
Tail-A-Gram recipients are entered into a database so
that those Employees are eligible for monthly, quarterly,
and annual drawings. Outstanding prizes are awarded
to those Employees who win these drawings.

Seems like the new vouchers are an extension of this program. No idea if the system of drawings is still the "reward"...
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by indyscott
Did a bit of googling and found this in a 2008 document:

Operation: Kick Tail
Leaders can give Kick Tail-A-Grams to Employees
whom they witness embodying the Southwest Way.
This can include attending a Company event such as
Message to the Field or Chili Cookoff; participating
in a Local Culture Committee Event; participating in
a Share the Spirit Event; receiving a commendation
letter from an Internal or External Customer; or simply
creating a FUN moment for Coworkers. Names of Kick
Tail-A-Gram recipients are entered into a database so
that those Employees are eligible for monthly, quarterly,
and annual drawings. Outstanding prizes are awarded
to those Employees who win these drawings.

Seems like the new vouchers are an extension of this program. No idea if the system of drawings is still the "reward"...
It has recently been expanded to allow the employees rewarded/selected in the drawings to "purchase" assorted goods/services from assorted offerings internally.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
This is also something AA has included in elite packages for awhile. I am told both US and AA employees are now eligible for the cash prizes when they submit the received certificates.

I just keep them in the bag to handout. The AA ones can be mailed on behalf of phone/online support too.

Rasheed
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by steved5480
It has recently been expanded to allow the employees rewarded/selected in the drawings to "purchase" assorted goods/services from assorted offerings internally.
I asked the F/A on a flight I took yesterday about how it all works. Apparently this kick tail thing is different than what you are describing. That is a separate recognition program they do internally. The kick tail is for recognition and an entry into a monthly drawing that includes all employees for cash, something like 5 or 10 grand.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by flyventure
I asked the F/A on a flight I took yesterday about how it all works. Apparently this kick tail thing is different than what you are describing. That is a separate recognition program they do internally. The kick tail is for recognition and an entry into a monthly drawing that includes all employees for cash, something like 5 or 10 grand.
My info came from 3 F/As; 1 each on two different flights & 1 personal friend.

Good to know that SWA HQ doesn't do any better of a job consistently communicating with their Employees than they do with their Customers.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Or perhaps 3 FA's not yet up to date with the gobs of information they receive?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
Or perhaps 3 FA's not yet up to date with the gobs of information they receive?
Entirely possible. That doesn't make it okay. What else are they not "up on"?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by steved5480
Entirely possible. That doesn't make it okay. What else are they not "up on"?
The information for fun things like these 2 different recognition programs comes in a different way than inflight 'must read' documents. So if they are not up to dates on ways to earn rewards or are confusing one program with another there are several possible reasons.

The program with points is separate from the program called kick-tails (this has been an internal program for many years). One program is based on personal work requirements, the other is on accolades we received from other employees or good letters from customers that now includes directly from customers.

The kick-tail program offers monthly drawings for a cash prize, and quarterly drawings for a large cash prize, annually a fantastic cash prize. FA's are already talking about the customer kick-tails as they are being received by many FA's. It would really be helpful if customers would email about HQ why they didn't give out a kick-tail or why a flight was a disappointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.