Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest "Mystery Shop"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Southwest "Mystery Shop"

Thought some of you may get a kick out of this... Years ago, at least 7 years ago, I signed up to be a mystery shopper somewhere, I can't even recall where... I never actually got around to doing a mystery shop, as it just wasn't worth my time... I got a FOUR DOLLAR Southwest Mystery Shop offer today (I still get the e-mails for the hell of it...)

I took out the stuff at the top regarding the company, etc.. as i'm not trying to advertise them, nor will I answer what company the mystery shop came from in PM, so please don't PM me about it....

---------------------

-Calls are recorded. Dial the number for the call recording on the form.
-Use one of the 5 scenarios in the shop guidelines to initiate the call and inquire about the rate for travel.
-Obtain agent's first name.
-Do not probe for additional information, ask about amenities, or waver in decision making about the options presented; essentially, the first rate the agent offers should be immediately acceptable. Do not stray from the shop script (see shop guidelines). Do not actually book a flight.
-Then, ask if Southwest has a credit card that earns rewards. Note the agent's response. Do not probe for additional information, regardless of the large or small amount of information you are given about the card.
-Do not join the Rapid Rewards program if it is offered.

In most cases, calls should not take more than 5 minutes to complete. Please do not rush the agent. However, do not create any conversation casually or in reference to the products discussed which might lengthen the shop call. The goal is not to roleplay to sound as authentic as possible, but to engage the agent under strict guidelines to determine their response to that engagement. Any call over 5 minutes long will be checked thoroughly to ensure the script in the guidelines were followed.

No restrictions to APPLY for a shop, however...

If you meet the following qualifications, you can immediately SELF ASSIGN shops to yourself:
* Your Shopper Rating must be at least 5

---------------------

I guess it's a heads up to the nice WN CSRs out there!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
WN must make a lot of money off of the Chase RR card, sounds like thats what they are checking
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:47 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Fascinating information, y00y!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite
I know this is an old thread I'm resurrecting, but I do not see any info on here when searching. Southwest is also mystery shopped from the actual flight perspective on a very regular basis. You can work with the company and buy a flight through the mystery shopping company and then get half of the flight reimbursed upon acceptance of the report. I do a LOT of mystery shopping, including tons of business at the airport, I won't do this, however, as I do not get to keep the points at all, they are put on the mystery shopping companies frequent flyer number. Not sure if the MS company scheduler gets points or not, I'd imagine not, but I don't earn points so not worth it.

That said, if you work in almost any retail or service setting, you are probably mystery shopped. Even if you work in a very small, independent business, but sell Coca Cola products for example, Coca Cola may have that location mystery shopped to ensure you aren't selling Pepsi products. Insurance companies, doctors offices, hospitals, labs, banks, every retail and grocery store known to man are all shopped.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Are you saying that 50% off the price of a flight is not worth it to you because you do not get flight points ( worth wayyyy less than 50% of the flight ) or have I misunderstood your post?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
Are you saying that 50% off the price of a flight is not worth it to you because you do not get flight points ( worth wayyyy less than 50% of the flight ) or have I misunderstood your post?
Kind of, yes. I can get mystery shops that reimburse for flights, usually to a max of $59. Half of a southwest flight (have to buy the absolutely cheapest fare) out of MDW, which is 25 miles further than ORD and a lot more aggravating to get to, is often only $40-70. Add in the fact that I'm doing a few hours off work probably, and not getting miles, I'll stick with the cheapest flights out of ORD I can find and add one or two extra of the super fast shops that get me $10 or $20 each, and I'll keep my points on United. For some it's very worth it though.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:44 am

Programs: HH Silver
Lol, yeah unless you have done mystery shopping, most people have NO idea how much work is involved. I have several friends that saw I was doing it, and got all gung ho about it until they realized that after that fine dining experience, you had to go home and spend 2 hours typing up a report before bed.

All most people see is FREE.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Lol, yeah unless you have done mystery shopping, most people have NO idea how much work is involved. I have several friends that saw I was doing it, and got all gung ho about it until they realized that after that fine dining experience, you had to go home and spend 2 hours typing up a report before bed.

All most people see is FREE.
Don't forget the part about waiting upwards of 2 months for your reimbursement check!
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:33 pm

So true! I'm sitting here writing a report for an MLB game. It'll be a few hours. But worth it to me. It's all about how you value your time and experiences. Just thought I would let people know it exists, as this company is always looking for people. If anyone is interested in doing the work associated with it for 1/2 off Southwest PM me and I'll contact the scheduler over there to see if she can contact you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.