Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

750 WN points to "verify" one's Airtran account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

750 WN points to "verify" one's Airtran account

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Southwest does not show you the running total of credits as Airtran does you have to keep track of them yourself. That is one enhancement I would very much like to see to Southwest.com.
???

If I understand:

Log-in. Click on My Account. Click on View My Tier Progress.

Maybe I am not understanding what you are referring to with Airtran.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
???

If I understand:

Log-in. Click on My Account. Click on View My Tier Progress.

Maybe I am not understanding what you are referring to with Airtran.
Airtran shows you the total of any cash credits (TTFs) you may have.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Airtran shows you the total of any cash credits (TTFs) you may have.
That IMO is a great feature. The total is up to date as TTFs expire (trying to figure out future expiration dates still takes some work) But at least the credit history is available to CSRs if one asks.

It avoids having to track every PNR containing TTFs and applying each toward a new booking. That can be tedious.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by traveller001
That IMO is a great feature. The total is up to date as TTFs expire (trying to figure out future expiration dates still takes some work) But at least the credit history is available to CSRs if one asks.

It avoids having to track every PNR containing TTFs and applying each toward a new booking. That can be tedious.
Airtran also lets you apply them to reservations applying the oldest first. As far as I know there is no limit on the number of credits you can apply.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Jul 21, 2014 at 8:26 pm
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:56 am

Just received an email today asking to merge my accounts for 500 WN points. I created an Airtran account when I first saw this thread about a month ago.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Originally Posted by CREN
Just received an email today asking to merge my accounts for 500 WN points. I created an Airtran account when I first saw this thread about a month ago.
+1. Did the same thing, got the same email today, took the 500 points but would have rather had 750.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Did mine today.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I got the email for the lower 500 point amount earlier this week. Points have posted ^
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:18 pm
dc2

Programs: Marriott: LTP
DH finally received his offer for points to verify. The only problem is the email is addressed to me, but both the A+ Rewards® account and the SWA RR accounts are DH's.

When I click on Not Mine, the only choice is to add the SWA RR account number.

I don't even know how this happened. I do have all the SWA and Air Tran confirmations set up to go to this email address. But, DH's login for A+ rewards was this same email address that the points verification message was sent. My A+ rewards login was a different email.

It seems like they are running a sort program based on email addresses--not names on accounts. I am worried they might merge DH's account with mine. But, I don't see any phone number to contact for help.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
I got the email for the lower 500 point amount earlier this week. Points have posted ^
I did this for wife and daughter. Wife's points posted. Daughter's did not. Still hopeful for daughter's. Both were in exactly the same situation: Had SWA accounts, got AirTran Accounts after (on same day) I found that SWA was giving 750 to connect accounts, both AirTran accounts were zero points, both have low SWA balances (daughter actually had more). Could be just a posting cycle thing.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
My wife has received 3 of these offers. Unfortunately, neither her Airtran account, nor her WN accounts have any points or credits.

I have never received this offer.

WN fail.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: WN CP/AL, UA 1P, PC Plat, AA, DL, US, AK, HH, MR, OH, LQ, RD (thanks GSA City-Pair Prog/DTS)
I know this slightly off topic, but when the accounts merge on November 1st, all remaining A+ credits will be converted to Rapids Rewards points on a 1 to 1,200 ratio. So, I will start the speculation, will these count as CP and/or TQPs? I am hoping for both, but Southwest can't do the thread pulling to determine what the source of those A+ credits are, so that A+ credits earned from flights would be properly translated. Maybe the compromise would be to make them all CPs since they are points from partner activity.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by SCGustafson
I So, I will start the speculation, will these count as CP and/or TQPs?
NO! I asked and was sent a link to someplace on the Southwest website which says they are neither.

Airtran flights will count as segments towards tiers, but in my opinion they should have already.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:44 am

Linking Accounts is now 250 points.

I have my MIL's Airtran and RR emails sent to an email account that forwards them to me. She just got the offer to link accounts with this:

This will help ensure your A+ Rewards Credits are accurately reflected in your Rapid Rewards account once the conversion begins on November 2, 2014. Plus, if you complete this verification by September 30, 2014, you’ll earn 250 Rapid Rewards Bonus Points!
Since she has no points or credits and will not fly before November, I am not going to link the accounts. Maybe I'll get a better offer. If so I'll report it.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:13 am

I got robbed--mine was only 250 points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.