Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection with EB and/T24 checkin

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by jb3t
It's funny about what others think about WN's process. What people forget to think about is you get to pick who you sit next to!

Want to sit with your wife or friend, go ahead. Feel like a window, take one. Have a tight connection, sit near the front. Want more room, grab the exit row if available. Had a few too many beers, sit near the bathroom. The Swedish swimsuit team is on the plane, sit near them. Plane getting full and that middle seat next to you will be full, recruit a petite female to sit next to you. The possibilities are endless.
Plus don't forget. All the window seats are gone, can't get one. All the isle seats are gone, can't get one. I guess if your boarding near the end and the people you want to sit next to have space it's great. You also forget oh crap here comes the 400lb guy who reals of cigarettes and BO. .... he's sitting next to me. Damn....
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
You also forget oh crap here comes the 400lb guy who reals of cigarettes and BO. .... he's sitting next to me. Damn....
And how is that any different than on an airline with assigned seats? At least on WN you have the choice of getting up and finding a different seat.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by normalone
And how is that any different than on an airline with assigned seats? At least on WN you have the choice of getting up and finding a different seat.
Yes, this is why the fetish of desiring (and paying for!) early boarding on a full WN flight can completely backfire. You exult over your A1 or A16, get on, sit down, and C20 is a 400 pound smelly guy and he plunks down next to you. Hosed again, and too late to do anything about it.

Since for me usually one aisle seat is about the same as any other, I sometimes purposely board on WN flights more in middle to try to avoid this. Find a couple with a guy in the window and an average or slim gal in the middle and you're set!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by jb3t
What people forget to think about is you get to pick who you sit next to!
That is only partially true.

You can pick who you sit next to if they've already boarded, (like the Victoria Secrets model in the window seat). You do not get to pick who sits in that middle seat you hoped would be empty.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
That is only partially true.

You can pick who you sit next to if they've already boarded, (like the Victoria Secrets model in the window seat). You do not get to pick who sits in that middle seat you hoped would be empty.
you can in fact pick the middle seat like the drummer boy did (oh maybe thats a different thread) of course that person could than move
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:45 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Sometimes - hard to believe I know - but sometimes you can actually get a good feel for process without actually experiencing it !!!
Sometimes. Please, please report back here after your round trip. I'm betting you will have been pleasantly surprised.

RyanAir pleasantly surprised me last summer after I carefully prepared for the worst. I had two really excellent flights.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by john398
you can in fact pick the middle seat like the drummer boy did (oh maybe thats a different thread) of course that person could than move
That was in "Another seat saving hassle and why I hate flying WN".

I tell you, If I see that act again, I'm gonna sit next to him!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.