Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection with EB and/T24 checkin

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:18 am

I dont think your posts are that easy to follow. Lots of pretty childish things about WN in them so people are not taking you seriously.

Each to his own, but if you want to blow your wad flying legacy airlines and get some fancy premium seat that is your own business. I fly Southwest in the US because their ticket rules are super flexible, boarding is quick and simple and they get me where I need to go for a good price. If you care about elite status, premium seats, warn nuts and the like then so be it.

When I fly international or transcontinental redeyes I will spring for business class, but at least within the US its a wash in economy.

Good luck to you.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by olouie
I dont think your posts are that easy to follow. Lots of pretty childish things about WN in them so people are not taking you seriously...

Good luck to you.
Yep, on to the next one. Unless I stop bothering, which becomes more likely all the time.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Got my answers. Thanks for the help boys
Can't beat $200 return BUF TPA non stop
Wouldn't chance in winter but now should be ok
Even with the $80 return added to the at gate BS if available it's a savings
And a good seat guarranteed
Don't need exit row looks like it's nothing extra with Southwest anyway. Never get bulk head in economy for the reasons stated by others so we should be just fine regardless
only advantage is a $600 ticket on AC is just over $200 on WN and for two of us that means we can spend the extra $800 on a couple decent meals
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:39 am

Each to his own, but if you want to blow your wad flying legacy airlines and get some fancy premium seat that is your own business.
OP stated that "FL is really my only non TATL flying once or twice year" so the warm-nuts legacy imagery, while colorful, doesn't really apply.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Couple years ago flew YYZ MIA aa F or J and we did get warm nuts
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:18 am

I dont think your posts are that easy to follow. Lots of pretty childish things about WN in them so people are not taking you seriously.

Each to his own, but if you want to blow your wad flying legacy airlines and get some fancy premium seat that is your own business. I fly Southwest in the US because their ticket rules are super flexible, boarding is quick and simple and they get me where I need to go for a good price. If you care about elite status, premium seats, warn nuts and the like then so be it.

When I fly international or transcontinental redeyes I will spring for business class, but at least within the US its a wash in economy.

Good luck to you.
Mmhmm. Just have to LOL at some of the comments.

Last edited by flyventure; Apr 19, 2014 at 11:27 am
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Got my answers. Thanks for the help boys
Can't beat $200 return BUF TPA non stop
Wouldn't chance in winter but now should be ok
Even with the $80 return added to the at gate BS if available it's a savings
And a good seat guarranteed
Don't need exit row looks like it's nothing extra with Southwest anyway. Never get bulk head in economy for the reasons stated by others so we should be just fine regardless
only advantage is a $600 ticket on AC is just over $200 on WN and for two of us that means we can spend the extra $800 on a couple decent meals
All buying the BS boarding or even EB does is get you a better chance of getting the exit rows or bulkheads, but no guarantee in either case. If you just want a wide selection of 2 seats together to choose from, checking in at T-24 will accomplish that without having to pay any extra.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
If you can check in at exactly T-24 then EBCI is a waste of dough. I purchased EBCI for my wife once because I wasn't sure we'd be able to check in at T-24. The kids were also flying so they checked in on their phones at T-24. Wife got A42 and the kids got A50 and 51.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Michael El
If you can check in at exactly T-24 then EBCI is a waste of dough. I purchased EBCI for my wife once because I wasn't sure we'd be able to check in at T-24. The kids were also flying so they checked in on their phones at T-24. Wife got A42 and the kids got A50 and 51.
All depends on the route and time. I have checked in exactly at T-24 for my wife and she sometimes gets A20's or sometimes in the middle of B. I am A+ and she takes the middle seat so no one really minds me saving a seat for her
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:04 pm

Good luck to you.
Not really sure who this is directed to but I had no trouble following the thread and determining what was useful.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
It was directed to the OP.

Not sure why anyone answered.

When someone comes here and disparages the product, why should I engage?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
I have never flown this airline before, never dealt with this mad house of a seat selection concept either. The airline for a 2 plus hr flight sounds more like a Disney ride but .... Only reason is a $108 ticket NS to TPA from BUF compared to a $300 plus air canada ticket
I paid the extra $$ for EB - although not sure that's worth it
Might spend the extra $40-50 at the airport for whatever A pass that gives
I've heard people bring bags of crap to the line up in the hopes they ask for a pre 1935 penny to get on first or whatever game they play
Questions
1) if EB checks me in can I still do it and improve my A chances at 24hrs and what's the best one can get for a boarding pass this way on a cheap ... ticket
2) what do I get for $$ at the aiport
3) other than the exit row seat what difference as long as it's an isle
How do I get on and get an exit row (options)
I have never heard of or seen that, it sounds like lets make a deal
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
My favorite is always....."I would NEVER, ever, EVER fly airline X, they SUCK at LIFE, buttttttttt they're cheaper, or...........so".

Not directed at OP. Just something I notice of FT often
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by john398
I think I've got the boarding situation figured. Thanks all for your help
It actually sounds quite organized. I personally don't agree with it. I think pre booking seats is better even if it costs as I see this might create arguments especially with the definition of "available" seats but regardless it clearly works for those who use the airline
As I won't be able to sit waiting at exactly T24 the EB was worth the $12.50 to me.
The reference to the "let's make a deal" was from a friend who flew southwest a few years ago and it's likely stopped but he said right before the, A,B,C lineups the gate agent asked for things like a penny from pre 1945, a dollar bill with at least 7 1's on it. That kind if thing to give away the first entrance boarding passes ahead of the A's. I gather that doesn't happen this way anymore or certainly regularly due to the people who pay for BS tickets and the frequent flyers who should be allowed earlier boarding
That was all. It was not a slam on the airline
As I said I haven't flown this concept of general boarding.
But for a 2.5 hr flight full or not I'm hoping the EB check in will get me at least midway down the B's at worst and as long as we can sit together a middle seat don't bother us none !
Thanks again for the advice.
Close this thread if you want mods as my questions have been answered
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by john398
I remember that ValuJet had trivia games in the waiting area in which the winner got preferred boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.