Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

1,000 bonus points & 20% discount on award booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

This email offer, received today, is applicable 1x on award booking.

We're giving you 1,000 bonus points and a 20% discount redemption code.

Greetings from your future vacation!
Dear Xxxxx:

With unlimited reward seats and no blackout dates, Rapid Rewards® makes it easy to use your points. And with spring and summer travel plans on your mind, now is the time to consider using your points for travel to somewhere fun and relaxing.

To help you start nailing down your travel plans, we're giving you 1,000 bonus points and a 20% discount redemption code (XXXXXXXXXX) so that your points will take you even further. Please see Terms and Conditions below.

If you're just shy of the points you need to book a flight, you can purchase additional points through the Rapid Rewards Points Center.

Where will your points take you?
Whether you're dreaming about the beaches in San Juan, seeing the sights of New York, or climbing mountains in Denver, your next trip could be around the corner. Explore your possibilities with our Destination Finder.

We look forward to seeing you on a Southwest® flight soon.

-Your friends at Rapid Rewards

Only the Rapid Rewards Member (Xxxxx XXXXXXXX, Rapid Rewards #0000000000) who received this communication from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this bonus and 20 percent discount redemption code. Offer is nontransferrable.

1,000 Bonus Points Terms and Conditions: Bonus points have been deposited into the Rapid Rewards account referred to on this communication. Benefits apply to all points transactions. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.

20% Discount Terms and Conditions: The discount redemption code is valid for one-time use only and must be entered in the Promo Code box on southwest.com® in order to receive 20 percent discount on roundtrip Wanna Get Away® Fares during the valid reward travel date listed below. Valid for one-way or roundtrip reward travel. Reservations can include up to eight people. Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made starting March 31, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. pacific time zone and prior to September 30, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. pacific time for travel March 31, 2014 through October 7, 2014. No Blackout dates. Discount code is applied before taxes and fees. Valid for Southwest Airlines domestic and San Juan, Puerto Rico scheduled flights only when booked at southwest.com. Seven day or more advance purchase may be required for Wanna Get Away Fares. To obtain discount on existing reward travel reservations meeting all requirements of this discount offer, the reservation must be cancelled and a new reservation booked using the discount redemption code (fare rules apply). Discount will apply only on the valid travel date. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion. The discount is only valid with the provided redemption code and is not combinable with other Promo Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!®. Discount is valid only on reservations made using Rapid Rewards Points and is not valid for use with dollar purchases. Discount is not valid on Group Travel, Jackpot Deals®, or Southwest Vacations® Packages. Some flights may be operated by AirTran® Airways. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.

Southwest Airlines
2702 Love Field Drive
Dallas, TX 75235

© Copyright 2014 Southwest Airlines Co. All Rights Reserved.
This sounds like it could be the 1000 bonus points deposit (or 500 point deposit) that was questioned in another thread...http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22557460-post1.html

Last edited by mke9499; Mar 27, 2014 at 6:14 pm
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
This is a time to book round trips on WN. Up to 8 tickets get the discount.

Would be nice actually to receive it.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Wow. Southwest seems to really be concerned about the fallout from the devaluation.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:08 pm

2x 1000 points but no 20% off code for me. :-(
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
I got 1,000 points. No % off code.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by mke9499
This email offer, received today, is applicable 1x on award booking.
I got the same email but it was for only 500 points plus the 20% off.

For the record, I also got 500 points a week or two ago like was in that other thread.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:49 pm

The only promo I've received is the 40% bonus on purchased/gifted points -- no 500 or 1,000 bonus points, no percentage discount on points bookings.

Looks like WN is doing narrowly targeted promotions based (probably) on data mining from their own (and possible Chase's) systems.

The bonus I received has zero enticement for me, so I wouldn't say their targeting is spot on. But I do second the idea that they may be concerned about fallout from the devaluation and are trying to preemtively address it.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by LetsGoToo
I got 1,000 points. No % off code.
I should add, my 1,000 points:

"With unlimited reward seats and no blackout dates, Rapid Rewards® makes it easy to use your points. In addition, since Southwest Airlines® merged with AirTran® Airways, you have over 95 destinations to visit.

To help you start crossing these destinations off your list, we've deposited 1,000 Rapid Rewards Bonus Points into your account. These bonus points are simply our way of thanking you for your loyalty to Southwest Airlines."

So, they aren't dependent on making an award booking.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by LetsGoToo
I should add, my 1,000 points:

"With unlimited reward seats and no blackout dates, Rapid Rewards® makes it easy to use your points. In addition, since Southwest Airlines® merged with AirTran® Airways, you have over 95 destinations to visit.

To help you start crossing these destinations off your list, we've deposited 1,000 Rapid Rewards Bonus Points into your account. These bonus points are simply our way of thanking you for your loyalty to Southwest Airlines."

So, they aren't dependent on making an award booking.
Sounds like your offer is more germane to this discussion:

Received 500 points with comment of "Rapid Rewards Bonus Adjustment"
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
Wow. Southwest seems to really be concerned about the fallout from the devaluation.
The terms - Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made starting March 31, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. pacific time zone and prior to September 30, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. pacific time for travel March 31, 2014 through October 7, 2014. No Blackout dates.

This means that the offer will apply only after the devaluation kicks-in
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Received the 500 miles Bonus Adjustment email yesterday afternoon and then about 10 minutes later I received the 1000 Bonus + 20% off email. Confirmed 1500 new pts in my RR account.
A few data pts...
-I have not booked a revenue flight for over a year.
-I have the Personal Rapid Rewards Premier Visa
-I had the Rapid Rewards Business Plus card but cancelled it a month ago
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by domino007
The terms - Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made starting March 31, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. pacific time zone and prior to September 30, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. pacific time for travel March 31, 2014 through October 7, 2014. No Blackout dates.

This means that the offer will apply only after the devaluation kicks-in
True, but isn't the devaluation about 15%. 20% off is still saving 5% of pre-deval rates. Free points are free points
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ursine1
The only promo I've received is the 40% bonus on purchased/gifted points -- no 500 or 1,000 bonus points, no percentage discount on points bookings.

Looks like WN is doing narrowly targeted promotions based (probably) on data mining from their own (and possible Chase's) systems.

The bonus I received has zero enticement for me, so I wouldn't say their targeting is spot on. But I do second the idea that they may be concerned about fallout from the devaluation and are trying to preemtively address it.
Same here. Hooray - I can buy devalued points. No thanks. Here are the terms if anyone is interested.

Terms and Conditions: Offer is valid between March 27, 2014, 12:00:01 a.m. CST and April 9, 2014, 11:59:59 p.m. CST. Member will receive 40 percent bonus points when buying points. For gifted points, recipients will receive a 40 percent bonus of Rapid Rewards Points. Transfer transactions are not eligible for this offer. Transactions are nonrefundable and nonreversible. Purchased/gifted points and bonus points do not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Points can be purchased in blocks of 500 with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points and a daily maximum of 60,000 points. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:17 am

I haven't gotten any of the recent Bonus Points or Discount Offers.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:09 pm

I received the following (coincidentally 1 day after qualifying for the CP):

You know how rewarding it is when you redeem your Rapid Rewards® Points for travel on Southwest®. Now we'd like to help you rebuild your balance through this exclusive discount offer so you can get away sooner.

Buy or gift Rapid Rewards Points through April 9, 2014, and save 30% on the cost of buying or gifting points!

This special offer is only available to you, as our way of saying thank you for being a Rapid Rewards Member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.