Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre Check on SWA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Invite

Would still love to get invited by WN to Pre-Check.
I fly them weekly and it would be nice.
Any WN employees reading this (Nicole?)
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by doctall41
Has Anyone been invited since the initial group?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
If you fly WN that much, wouldn't it be easier to get a known traveler number?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Not even Gary Kelly can give you precheck
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
I just got my KTN. Even after the Precheck opt in, I decided to go through the process (my employer pays regardless). Since, I have been 100% precheck.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
Not even Gary Kelly can give you precheck
He could invite you. The invitations are under control of the airlines, final approval rests with TSA.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:38 pm

I am finding that more and more are receiving TSA Pre on their WN BP, without registering; some do not even have any airline status. None of those have any KTN, either. Their ages run from 20's, 30's, 40's and up.

It seems that once you receive TSA Pre in this manner, it's quite likely to keep repeating...at least, according to my casual observation.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499
I am finding that more and more are receiving TSA Pre on their WN BP, without registering; some do not even have any airline status. None of those have any KTN, either. Their ages run from 20's, 30's, 40's and up.

It seems that once you receive TSA Pre in this manner, it's quite likely to keep repeating...at least, according to my casual observation.
^^^ I noticed the same thing.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.2174 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112

^^^ I noticed the same thing.
This is all in line with what TSA has announced publicly. They're refining their search criteria and using "factors" to determine who is low/high-risk even without doing GE interviews. They want to move as many people in Pre as possible. What these magic factors are, who knows, if they told us they would have to kill us, I assume...
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:40 pm

My understanding is that this is temporary, with the goal to give people a "free sample" of Pre prior to a push in sales.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
My understanding is that this is temporary, with the goal to give people a "free sample" of Pre prior to a push in sales.
If they reach their goals it might be easier to go through the regular screening. I've seen that happen occasionally already.

I actually think this is a way for TSA to back off some of the dumb things they've been doing without actually admitting it.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
If they reach their goals it might be easier to go through the regular screening. I've seen that happen occasionally already.
Monday morning 5:30 AM at ISP, I tried to enter the BS/A List Fly-By lane as usual and the TSA guy said "let me check for pre-check". I was approved (first time) and he pointed me to the end of a long line. No one in the Fly-By lane so I declined. The guy was surprised and muttered something like "you'll have to take off your shoes". It was a ridiculous situation, I cleared security in 2 minutes any way.

I guess its more valuable at larger airports?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K

I wish all the Southwest precheck threads would be mergerd. From the other thread about random precheck on southwest. TSA website explains the ways those without KTN's get pre

Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
Originally Posted by ursine1
I asked the TSA folks at the Indy signup center when I did my application and they stated that they are allowing folks a "taste" of precheck and eventually (by late summer) they will be scaling back the freebies.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joshua362
Monday morning 5:30 AM at ISP, I tried to enter the BS/A List Fly-By lane as usual and the TSA guy said "let me check for pre-check". I was approved (first time) and he pointed me to the end of a long line. No one in the Fly-By lane so I declined. The guy was surprised and muttered something like "you'll have to take off your shoes". It was a ridiculous situation, I cleared security in 2 minutes any way.

I guess its more valuable at larger airports?
It depends on the layout at each airport and which other airlines share the Pre-Check space with WN. In many airports, I find myself standing, staring, trying to decide which way to go -- longer Pre line or shorter status line or general line, depending on what's available. I've also found Pre turned off a lot at BUR, so now always pack as if I'm going to have to remove liquids, laptop, etc anyway so I don't have to dig through my suitcase.

As with picking which line in the grocery store will actually move more quickly, I often (usually?) guess wrong. :-) My wife and I sometimes make it a game, one of us goes through Pre carrying the liquids and the other through regular and takes off their shoes. Our experience is that it is 50-50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.