Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Android app

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:47 pm

At first I found it useful, but because you couldn't set notifications for specific flights (just days) I would get alerts for lower fares on things like connecting flights or very early in the day flights and not for the ones I'd booked. I eventually uninstalled it.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by steved5480
Most recently updated via the Android Play Store on July 21st, 2014 with several enhancements and bug fixes. I use it several times weekly to:

--Make/view/change reservations
--Check-in (A+ kinda already does that, but you know what I mean)
--Retrieve electronic BP
--Use electronic BP to scan at the counter kiosk/check luggage at the ticket counters
--Cross the Moat guarded by the PRE line dragons
--Scan/receive 3 beeps at TSA podiums
--Scan/board aircraft
--Hold-n-show to F/As for a BS adult beverage

Like most wireless apps, it's not perfect but it works way better (and faster) than when initially rolled-out.

Samsung Galaxy 4 on Sprint, Android ver. 4.2.2

Originally Posted by ursine1
At first I found it useful, but because you couldn't set notifications for specific flights (just days) I would get alerts for lower fares on things like connecting flights or very early in the day flights and not for the ones I'd booked. I eventually uninstalled it.
this thread is about the T-24 Check-in app, not the Southwest official app.

Originally Posted by Franklin7777
I really like the app and regularly used it. Earlier this month I noticed the same error and messaged the developer. This is the response when I asked if there might be a new version that would fix the problem.

"Sometime soon. I'm getting a little hung up on adding support for mobile boarding passes, but almost there"

So soon, hopefully. Though it did get pulled from the App store, presumably due to WN legal being jerks about it.
thanks for the update
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Franklin7777
I really like the app and regularly used it. Earlier this month I noticed the same error and messaged the developer. This is the response when I asked if there might be a new version that would fix the problem.

"Sometime soon. I'm getting a little hung up on adding support for mobile boarding passes, but almost there"

So soon, hopefully. Though it did get pulled from the App store, presumably due to WN legal being jerks about it.
the error i keep getting is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:java.security. CertPathValidatorExceptionL Trust anchor for certification path not found

This is for the T-24 app not the southwest app
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
So what I want to know is how did she get to Phoenix? http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...irport-n189636
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Originally Posted by wrp96
So what I want to know is how did she get to Phoenix? http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...irport-n189636
LOL I think you are on the wrong thread
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards
Used it in the past and loved it. Today it keeps telling me it is experiencing an unexpected error?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Revised app now renamed "Southwest Flyer" now in the Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...southwestflyer

Took way longer than I thought, but didn't have much free time. (I'm getting married this weekend!) On the plus side, I added support for mobile boarding passes, and international itineraries are supported (honeymoon in the Caribbean)

Check here for updates and info
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards
Works great AGAIN!
Congrats on the marriage and good luck!
THANKS!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.