Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Just spent 4.5 hrs on hold with SWA Group Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

I just spent 4.5 hours on hold with SWA trying to reach group travel. I was serious for the first 45 minutes or so but after that I just stayed on while going about my day to see how ridiculous it would get. I finally hung up when I needed to make another call.

I've attached my phone's log in case anyone wants to suggest that I'm exaggerating.

I'm really shocked that a company that's good at so many things could have this bad of a customer experience.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:10 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

It makes no sense to stay on hold that long. Most likely, your call was in an endless loop or glitch and would never have been answered.

If I'm hold more than 20 minutes, I hang up and call back at another time of the day.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:22 am

If you hang up after 20 minutes you won't get through to someone at Customer Relations. Hold times are routinely over an hour.

Sadly, the hold time for the Groups department is often very, very long. People post screenshots of multi-hour waits frequently, so this may have not been a glitch.The department is notoriously understaffed. Using Groups, you trade a small discount and some flexibility in payment for a frustratingly time-consuming experience.

This won't help the OP, but in general the best way to contact Southwest these days is via Twitter (or through the dedicated A-List line, if that is available to you).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.