Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
How does one obtain these referrals to share? Is it a targeted offer, or can any account member create referrals by, say, navigating to the correct page in the online system?
It appears to be targeted. I received a mailer-flyer that has six detachable referral cards, and all the terms and conditions explained for the 50,000 Premiere Visa Bonus.

If you want to see it, I can send you a PDF copy. I have it scanned-in in a color PDF file (back and front). Just PM or email me if you want to see it.

FYI, it came in the mail to me unsolicited. I never asked for it

-John
[redacted]

Last edited by ftnoob; Dec 29, 2015 at 3:46 am
Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Is it better to apply for the the business and personal same day? Or should I apply seperately--and if so, does it matter which one first?
Also, I see the links available are for the premier version. I need to apply for the plus personal (had the premier-cancelled in 2014) and the premier business. Is there a link for the 50k plus personal? I didnt see that in the wiki.
Also, haven't applied for any cc for the past 6 months....although considering the sapphire and just not sure in which order to apply these 3 cards in. Really need the companion pass to book a trip for spring break.
thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by express3
Is it better to apply for the the business and personal same day? Or should I apply seperately--and if so, does it matter which one first?
Also, I see the links available are for the premier version. I need to apply for the plus personal (had the premier-cancelled in 2014) and the premier business. Is there a link for the 50k plus personal? I didnt see that in the wiki.
Also, haven't applied for any cc for the past 6 months....although considering the sapphire and just not sure in which order to apply these 3 cards in. Really need the companion pass to book a trip for spring break.
thanks!
The 50,000 Plus is available through referral offers.

I would apply for the PLUS first....then wait a short while and apply for the Premiere business (assuming you do have a legitimate business. If not, I would try for the business card first, then the PLUS).

I would hold off on the Sapphire if your true goal is the Companion Pass.

-John
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:41 am

I am new to this forum. I was told on another forum that I could get referral codes on here. Is that correct? I am looking for a 50,000 bonus for the Plus card. I already have the premiere and need the plus. Right now the best I can find online is 40,000. If this isn't the correct place to find it, could someone point me in the right direction. TIA
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:30 pm

There is a forum specifically for referrals & requests titled "RR Visa Referral Offers and Requests". It was 4 forums above this one when I wrote this (forums can change order due to post timings).
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by bonsai500
I have referrals for the Premier Personal card, $99 annual fee, 50,000 sign up bonus points after $2k spend in first 90 days. PM me for details
I have referred many people for the Premier card but haven't received an offer to refer others for the Plus card though I have one. So that brings up a question: Has anyone who has not received an invitation to refer people to the Plus card just tried anyway? I'm wondering if someone like me who hasn't received an invitation just gave my info to a new applicant anyway, would I receive the 5,000 bonus points. Anyone tried that?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by meecal
I have referred many people for the Premier card but haven't received an offer to refer others for the Plus card though I have one. So that brings up a question: Has anyone who has not received an invitation to refer people to the Plus card just tried anyway? I'm wondering if someone like me who hasn't received an invitation just gave my info to a new applicant anyway, would I receive the 5,000 bonus points. Anyone tried that?
I tried it last year and it did not work. My girlfriend and I both have SWA cards. She got the invite cards for the referrals, but it said "limit 6". She did her six referrals.

Because she appeared to be at her max, but people we mentioned it to wanted to do it, so then I tried to refer them with the same application info (but instead with my name/RR number and zip code as the referrer) but the 5,000 referral points never came through for me. (She got her 6 x 5,000 = 30,000).

That was my experience with it.
-John
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:18 pm

I just finished applying for the Southwest Premier card with 50,000 bonus and was approved. My only concern is that they did not mention the 50,000 bonus points once I was in the application filling out my information. Does anyone know if that is normal?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by lopsided
I just finished applying for the Southwest Premier card with 50,000 bonus and was approved. My only concern is that they did not mention the 50,000 bonus points once I was in the application filling out my information. Does anyone know if that is normal?
That is normal. I just checked by looking through my 'printouts-screenshots' of my online application for Premier from November 2015, and it doesn't mention the 50,000 bonus during the application process or at the end. (It only shows up at the beginning above the "Apply Now" button)

You are good to go.

-John
[email protected]
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:56 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Originally Posted by JFalcNY
I tried it last year and it did not work. My girlfriend and I both have SWA cards. She got the invite cards for the referrals, but it said "limit 6". She did her six referrals.

Because she appeared to be at her max, but people we mentioned it to wanted to do it, so then I tried to refer them with the same application info (but instead with my name/RR number and zip code as the referrer) but the 5,000 referral points never came through for me. (She got her 6 x 5,000 = 30,000).

That was my experience with it.
-John
Did the people who signed up for the card get the bonus points?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by leemaj
Did the people who signed up for the card get the bonus points?
Yes, the applicant received the 50,000 bonus points
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by meecal
Unfortunately the Plus doesn't work that way. I tried to help out my brother over the last few months and refer people to the Plus using the phone # and his RR info but no referrals ever came through. People you refer will still be able to apply and will receive the bonus but you won't get any points for it. Referral offers are attached to the card, kind of like retention offers with Chase. They're either on there or they're not and the rep can't add the ability to refer people to your card. I don't know how to get targeted - wish I did because I'm basically never targeted for the other Chase referrals that everyone seems to get like CSP or United.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 2:03 pm

I have been a member of this forum for a while now. I have successfully navigated the companion pass for myself, my friends and my family.

If you need a PREMIER or a SWA PLUS Visa 50,000 bonus point referral, just PM me at this link and I will promptly respond to you with the referral info. Please specify which referral you want me to send you.

Thanks
John
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by stuckbtwstations
How can you tell which one you have? I checked mine via chasereferafriend.com and it just has fields to input email addresses. It doesn't say online or phone only on the page.
That's an online referral because the person will be able to apply online. A phone referral comes in the mail and gives you a phone # to refer people to.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Willbur
That's an online referral because the person will be able to apply online. A phone referral comes in the mail and gives you a phone # to refer people to.
re: the discussion of online referrals vs. phone referrals. Both work for the applicant. Some people prefer to put in information online vs. over the phone. FYI, luckily I have access to both the phone-application referral and the online-application referral for these Southwest 50,000 Bonus cards. I just want to explain a difference in timing from my perspective.

FYI, the phone-application referral is from a flyer that the cardholder receives in the mail that contains the 800 number and information on how to refer and have your referred person apply over the phone. It is a little tear out card from the flyer and has all the application info (and offer info).

The online-application referral originates from a Chase landing page where the referring person puts in the applicant's first name and email address and Chase directly emails the person that was referred explaining that the offer is available to them.

But I have found that the Chase email doesn't get sent instantly. In this day and age, it should get sent instantly by Chase -- but it doesn't. So if someone tells you they sent you the link, please remember that Chase may be the delaying factor. Also, the phone number is always 'instant' because there is nothing for Chase to do except pick up the phone when the applicant calls the 800 number.

Just an FYI for all of you re: timing and how Chase handles this in a not-so-instant manner with its email communications. Also the terms at the bottom of the Chase webpage say if "your friend’s email address is in our email opt-out database, no email will be sent. "

If anyone wants to see the COMPLETE MAILER-FLYER, just PM me and I will send you a PDF of it. If anyone wants a phone referral or web referral link, just PM me by clicking here but be sure to include your email address if you want a online-application referral.

-John

P.S. Yesterday, I ended up sending myself a 'link' to an alternate email I have to see how long it would take. It hasn't come yet. When it comes, I will pass it along to someone who needs an 'online' link.

Last edited by JFalcNY; Dec 30, 2015 at 11:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.