Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by pricesquire
On another note, all the 50k lines appear to be dead. Correct me if I'm wrong!
Nope, alive again.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/radio

only the $99 annual fee version though
(business card app link on the bottom of that page)

Last edited by divinebaboon; Dec 10, 2013 at 7:52 am
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
So I am thinking about applying for the perssonal and business cards. I like the Companion Pass aspect like most people. I have never gotten a biz though so curious what to say if they call. Mine would just be starting up so how do I explain that? Also, I did a side by side comparsion of the premier/plus. Is there really any true advantage for paying $30 more for the premier. The extra 3000 miles on anniversary doesn't justify the extra money (that I can see) and I already have a CC with free foreign. I don't really plan to use this card for anything other than getting the companion pass. Any tips would be great! Thanks.

Last edited by cdancer20; Dec 10, 2013 at 8:04 am
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:38 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by salviati
Needless to say, I'm so mad at myself for this stupid blunder. The new agent wasn't clear whether the note was firm, or if it would be re-evaluated on my statement close date. But if I do receive the bonus, it will have only been with $1200 in spending.

Does anyone know whether a the refunds will be enough to stop the bonus? The other card already closed this month and now can't reach $2k until the January statement (even if I wanted to).
I believe the sweep for spending threshold occurs every couple of days. This is why you sometimes don't get the bonus if you hit the threshold very late in the cycle. I expect you WILL get the bonus this month. Please report here either way.

When spending before year-end for a January bonus several kinds of mistakes can occur. None of them are fixable as far as I know. That's why my advice to all readers is to delay all your spending on the new card until January 1 and then pile it on. Any other way carries unnecessary risk IMHO.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
So I am thinking about applying for the perssonal and business cards. I like the Companion Pass aspect like most people. I have never gotten a biz though so curious what to say if they call. Mine would just be starting up so how do I explain that? Also, I did a side by side comparsion of the premier/plus. Is there really any true advantage for paying $30 more for the premier. The extra 3000 miles on anniversary doesn't justify the extra money (that I can see) and I already have a CC with free foreign. I don't really plan to use this card for anything other than getting the companion pass. Any tips would be great! Thanks.
I thought to get the companion pass it had to be 110,000 qualifying points. Do the credit cards qualify? That would be too easy. Get two credit cards and fly a couple times. It can't be that easy!?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
I thought to get the companion pass it had to be 110,000 qualifying points. Do the credit cards qualify? That would be too easy. Get two credit cards and fly a couple times. It can't be that easy!?
From my understanding on this thread, yes. You can get one business and one personal, each with 50k signing bonus that add towards your 110k. Then you only need to spend 10k (well 6k after you meet the signing bonus on each.)
Old Dec 10, 2013, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
From my understanding on this thread, yes. You can get one business and one personal, each with 50k signing bonus that add towards your 110k. Then you only need to spend 10k (well 6k after you meet the signing bonus on each.)
Shoot, that's a heckuv a deal!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
I believe the sweep for spending threshold occurs every couple of days. This is why you sometimes don't get the bonus if you hit the threshold very late in the cycle. I expect you WILL get the bonus this month. Please report here either way.

When spending before year-end for a January bonus several kinds of mistakes can occur. None of them are fixable as far as I know. That's why my advice to all readers is to delay all your spending on the new card until January 1 and then pile it on. Any other way carries unnecessary risk IMHO.
I spoke with another agent who was pretty certain I would receive the bonus this month despite any returns I might make. However, she was able to move out my statement close date to January

This information hasn't been updated online yet, but I'll check again over the next few days. I'll be so relieved if this works.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: United, UR, AA, USAirways, AirTran, JetBlue, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
2 roundtrip flights, aka 50,000 miles is still live for all 4 versions

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/offer (business link before fine print)

DO NOT spend more than $2,000 until January 01, 2014 on either one.
Can anyone confirm if the current SW business card promo also nets 50k miles? I don't see that information once I click on the link - only states the 6k annual bonus and other perks. Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: DL exDM MM
Originally Posted by divinebaboon
Nope, alive again.

The application page following that link does not list the 50K bonus...
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:48 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
The ads plastered outside LAX Terminal 1 give the link http://southwest.com/roundtrip which is showing a 50k offer right now.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by divinebaboon
Nope, alive again.

Darn, I have a personal premier and was contemplating the double stack Plus card signup for the 2014 110k points threshold.

Argh
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:34 pm

Bonus offer for 50,000 points still being promoted live in airports; signage also promotes www.southwest.com/travel.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by captiveguru
The application page following that link does not list the 50K bonus...
The splash page has it. You'll be fine.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Personal success story for me. I know most of you people want to delay getting your points til 2014 but I was in the camp of wanting everything credited in 2013 so I wouldn't have a lapse in CP.

So I got the card and paid for an upcoming trip a few weeks ago and called Chase to make sure the statement ended on 12/15. It did, and here are the details:

Points earned on all other purchases - 3,000
Additional bonus points - 50,000
Total Rapid Rewards transf. to Southwest - 53,000

That showed up yesterday on chase.com, and logging into my RR acct today I see this:
12/17/2013 Credit Card Rapid Rewards Credit Card 12/15/2013 +53,000

So it looks like it takes 2 days after the statement ends for the points to show in your RR account, and yes it does say my CP expires 12/31/2014 now.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:13 pm

How long do I have to keep the cards after I reach Companion Pass status? I don't really want to pay the annual fees a second time but will if I have to. Thanks for any advice

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.