Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:27 pm

I know I've seen this posted, but any search terms I can think of come up with 5000 results.

How long after earning the 110k miles does the CP show up on your account? Isn't it about a week?

So, for an example timeline:
- Complete spend 7-10 days before closing date
- Points post to SW account 1-3 days after closing date
- CP shows up in account 7-10 days later?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by ImSeeker
My wife got a SW companion pass in 2013. She got a personal and a business card, using the TIN we tend to share, even though really we are separate businesses.

She cancelled her card last fall.

I applied for a Personal Premier card in December and was approved. The bonus came in January, so I'm cool there.

I applied for a business card, using my SSN vs that TIN, since really that's more how we do the work (my 1099s have my SSN). But I was turned down for the business card by the fraud division (we can't verify you are legit).

My only real concern in reapplying (using the TIN) is that my wife got her bonus in May 2013. So do I fall under the 2 year rule? (I have never had a business card for my SW account, but worry that Chase will apply the rule to the business vs. my SW number)

Thoughts? Apply again with the TIN, call and complain about not accepting me and my SSN (hey I'm legit!) or wait till June and hope there's still a 50K deal?

Note: reading all the posts, I still can find the 50K offers as of Friday 1am for Business Premier and Personal Plus. (I hope they will honor them if they are "gone")

I went ahead and applied for Personal Plus and was "instantly" approved.
Given the scuttlebutt about these going away, should I apply for the business card using my wife's (and my) TIN, or is this "too soon"?
You probably want to verify this in the consolidated Chase application thread, but there have been several reports that it's not that you have to wait 2 years to apply for another card, but that you have to wait 2 years before earning another bonus. So if you got the card now, but didn't meet the spend until the end of May, you would (supposedly) still get the bonus. Of course, you'd definitely want to be sure exactly when in May 2013 she got her bonus.

Looking at your edit, it looks like you went ahead and did what I was going to suggest anyway, and just got the personal plus. If you want the business card, look into the exact date she earned the bonus, and make sure you'll be more than 2 years out. Again, double check what I've told you with the experts in the consolidated Chase application thread.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by doctall41
OK, I ordered and received my AGC.
Have any of you had any luck taking an AGC to the bank and depositing the balance into your checking acct., which can then be used to pay back the $2K TO CHASE?
Update: my AGC can not be deposited at the bank, cannot be used to purchase a money order, can only be used for genuine purchases of product or services. I was going to use the $2K to pay back the RR Visa, thus covering my spend requirements without costing myself anything, but it's not working out that way. Guess I'll just have to use it for normal daily purchases and some bill-paying?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Update: my AGC can not be deposited at the bank, cannot be used to purchase a money order, can only be used for genuine purchases of product or services. I was going to use the $2K to pay back the RR Visa, thus covering my spend requirements without costing myself anything, but it's not working out that way. Guess I'll just have to use it for normal daily purchases and some bill-paying?
No offense...but did you really buy a $2k Amex GC w/o first understanding the methods of liquidating it?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:56 pm

it may make sense for you to read through this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...2015-a-39.html
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:12 pm

I don't know if I have forgotten how to do this (its been a couple years) or what but where is the reconsideration phone number given? I just applied and got the "we will let you know" message but with no phone number to call. Too much anticipation! I can't wait 7-10 days possibly 30!!!! haha.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by bedmondson
i don't know if i have forgotten how to do this (its been a couple years) or what but where is the reconsideration phone number given? I just applied and got the "we will let you know" message but with no phone number to call. Too much anticipation! I can't wait 7-10 days possibly 30!!!! Haha.
888-245-0625.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by meecal
888-245-0625.
I applied for both business and personal. Which one is this? I guess I will call and find out!?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by cdancer20
No offense...but did you really buy a $2k Amex GC w/o first understanding the methods of liquidating it?
Yes, but I knew I would be able to use it somehow. Not a problem.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:01 pm

Called and they could only find my business application. I had already been approved. Not sure what happened to the personal application. I will wait a week then call again to see if it popped up.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:24 pm

Holy cow. It's not a debit card.

But...AGC can be used to buy, oh, I dunno...gift cards?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
I know I've seen this posted, but any search terms I can think of come up with 5000 results.

How long after earning the 110k miles does the CP show up on your account? Isn't it about a week?

My points showed up as soon as the last statement closed so I assume at the close of my next statement the CP will be active right away.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by bobert24

CP showed up for me within a day of my Southwest point total exceeding 110,000.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by bedmondson
Called and they could only find my business application. I had already been approved. Not sure what happened to the personal application. I will wait a week then call again to see if it popped up.
Applied in my husband's name for plus and premier personal using 2 windows. When I did this in my name, received instant approval on both. He received a higher limit on the personal, but got the decision pending on the premier. He hates calling, so decided to wait it out and see what came in the mail. After 3 weeks of nothing, decided to send SM. Two different reps responded that there was no premier app showing in his name and that he should just apply again. I have seen several reports of apps "disappearing" lately.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:38 pm

I got my wife the Plus card last night, instant approval 12k CL.

I hear that the 50k offers are going away. I'm not sure if I should just try to get her the Premier card now or wait.

I already have CP for 2015 so we could wait until late in the year for the 2nd card to get her CP for 2015/2016..........if the 50K offer comes back.

Any thoughts on getting approved for a 2nd card a day later and the 50k offer returning ?

I would rather just wait as we we have $5500 in spends to meet already by early May

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.