Wiki Posts
Search

A-List Member, Assigned B-41 Boarding Pass

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond
A-List Member, Assigned B-41 Boarding Pass

Checked in this evening for a 6:45 am outbound PHX to ABQ, with return at 6:40 pm. Since I checked in less than 24 hours prior to my return flight, I was able to print both boarding passes. On the outbound flight I received A-33, however on the return from ABQ I received a B-41!!!!

I called WN to ask if this was correct, as I have not received a high B numbered boarding pass since getting A-list. I was informed that it was because the flight was full, and there were approximately 100 people ahead of me who had received their boarding passes. If what she told me is true, assuming A 1-15 are for BS, that means that there are approximately 75 A- list or A+ members ahead of me. Is this possible, or is it another WN computer glitch of some kind?

Last edited by CanadaEh?; May 25, 2011 at 10:30 pm Reason: Too tall for middle seat!
Old May 26, 2011, 12:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, A List Preferred
Same thing hapened to me on tuesday - I recently became A list status and checked in my flight 2 hours after aviable and I recieved B4. My ticket also did not allow me Priority Check-in and Security Lane access, where available at STL airport. They had the fly by security checkpoint setup. Not sure what's going on..
Old May 26, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
Originally Posted by CanadaEh?
I was informed that it was because the flight was full, and there were approximately 100 people ahead of me
Are Gary's bean counters been hiring CS reps from UA?

I'm going to make A-List next week, but I'll drop WN in a second if they don't fix these computer problems.
Old May 26, 2011, 7:38 am

Guys, it's been noted numerous times that it seems there is a bug in WN's AL auto-seat assignment at T-36. Basically, the seat assignment isn't done and your seat is assignment is done when you actually check in. Nothing to report on a fix, however.

That said, to the OP, I assume your RT fare was purchased greater than 36 hours prior to departure?

To the lastumps, if that ticket was purchased prior to you becoming AL, then no, it will not be considered an AL ticket in terms of auto-seat assignment and the printing of AL status on the boarding pass. Your points should get credited with the AL bonus, however.
Old May 26, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, A List Preferred
Yep, I flew from Houston to Vegas, Vegas to St Louis, St Louis to Houston. I was upgraded after the 2nd flight. I am flying again next week so I should be A all the way..we will see!
Old May 27, 2011, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by texashoser
Guys, it's been noted numerous times that it seems there is a bug in WN's AL auto-seat assignment at T-36. Basically, the seat assignment isn't done and your seat is assignment is done when you actually check in. Nothing to report on a fix, however.

That said, to the OP, I assume your RT fare was purchased greater than 36 hours prior to departure?

To the lastumps, if that ticket was purchased prior to you becoming AL, then no, it will not be considered an AL ticket in terms of auto-seat assignment and the printing of AL status on the boarding pass. Your points should get credited with the AL bonus, however.
My ticket was purchased approximately 3 weeks prior to departure.
Old May 27, 2011, 3:11 pm

I had the same problem after I reached A list. If you booked the ticket prior to achieving the status it SW doesn't automatically assign status to the itinerary (regardless of what a CSR might tell you) Just call and have them remove and then add back your RR number for unflown segments and all will be well.

Every segment purchased after achieving status works fine.
Old May 27, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
I would suggest if this happens again, as it did to me and I am A List +, go to the gate counter and have them look it up. They are usually able to find something better...
Old May 28, 2011, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the replies. Your help is appreciated.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Well, it is theorhetically possible. There are lot's of Alist out there although PHX-ABQ is probably not a huge business flyer route. If you assume that all BS were sold and at least 70 A-listers...it's also possible that a prior flight was cancelled and Alisters from that flight were given priority on yours..but this is rare ahead of the T24 window.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 1:09 am

Unhappy

I fly southwest it ok my bordimg pass is a33 wow not I have to sit in isle seat not wind ect isle seat now that I'm 33 I won't have a choice ugh
Old Apr 3, 2013, 1:17 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
That's a boarding sequence number, not a seat number. There is no row 33 on the plane! Pick any empty seat you like. You will have a lot of aisle seats to choose from.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
That flight is a very heavy commuter/business traveller flight. I see the same people often. Many of the early morning short hop flights are like that. I was A-50ish as an A+ on a flight last week. Normally I am shocked if I am A-20 or greater.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Remember that PHX - ABQ is one of the main connectors to DAL. On my flights home we have had 80 thrus. The FA are practically begging for us not to move until after the count, which of course everyone obeys ...

Also, ticket assignments are based on pax boarding at a gate, not on thrus. There are only 125, 137 or 143 seats.

Once the Wright amendment goes away in 2014, wonder how many flights will be cut from ELP. AMA and ABQ?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Oops....Pay attention Ink, pay attention.

Last edited by InkUnderNails; Apr 3, 2013 at 8:53 am Reason: Silly response to old question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.