Partnerpalooza 2012

Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Partnerpalooza 2012

I got an email announcing a new Partnerpalooza .

The email states:

Dear via amtrak:

Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Partnerpalooza is back! And this time, the more Member registrations in the promotion, the bigger the prizes become! Register today for your chance to win great prizes, including:

Grand Prize: Up to 1 million Rapid Rewards Points and Companion Pass for one year
First Place: Up to 200,000 Rapid Rewards Points and A-List Preferred status for one year
Second Place: Up to 75,000 Rapid Rewards Points
Third Place: Up to 50,000 Rapid Rewards Points
Instant-win game prizes!

Simply register for the promotion and provide your Rapid Rewards number when you utilize any of our Partners to receive Sweepstakes entries, and up to 4,000 Rapid Rewards Bonus Points*. Plus, sign up for the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card for an even better chance of winning.
Remember to share the LUV with your friends because each registration can help raise the prize level closer to the 1 million Rapid Rewards Points Grand Prize mark.

Visit southwest.com/partnerpalooza to register and get all the details. Then, be sure to come back every day for up to TWO (2) chances to win with our Daily Instant-Win Game.
But hurry—this promotion ends on May 15, 2012.
The fine print states:
No purchase necessary. Must be a Rapid Rewards Member and legal U.S. resident 18 and older to enter. Contest ends May 15, 2012. To enter and for official rules, go to southwest.com/partnerpalooza. Void where prohibited. *Earn 500 Bonus Points for every 2,000 points earned from two or more unique Partner purchases. A maximum of 4,000 Bonus Points can be earned. Promotional Bonus Points exclude points earned through the Rapid Rewards Credit Card, Diners Club® Club Rewards, Ultimate Rewards, and Partner sign-up Bonus Points. All Rapid Rewards Rules and Regulations apply.

Last edited by via amtrak; Feb 16, 2012 at 9:15 pm Reason: updated to reflect the fact that promo is now active
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
This does sound promising (except for this "A maximum of 4,000 Bonus Points can be earned"). Not too happy it is another ePrize collaboration. This ePrize WN website didn't work at first release either: Latest WN ePrize promo: 30 million(!) point giveaway; so, hopefully, the Partnerpalooza 2012 website will work soon!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:33 pm

Yes, got this email as well, but unable to sign up.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
The sign-up link is to a beta test site for the promotion.

Another home run by the Southwest information tech department.

LOL!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by dlaue
The sign-up link is to a beta test site for the promotion.

Another home run by the Southwest information tech department.

LOL!
I don't know why they are always on the struggle bus when it comes to IT.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Here is a copy of a post from me back last October when the prior Partnerpalooza site was not working:

"Does not work for me either.

Gary Kelly should PERSONALLY check out everything new in WN's on-line presence. Not from the office, but at home. NOTHING should go live until he PERSONALLY has signed off.

I am beginning to believe that someone is deliberately sabotaging the operations."

Obviously, GK did not take my advice.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by dlaue
I am beginning to believe that someone is deliberately sabotaging the operations.
HA!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:49 pm

It just took my registration.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mdurette
It just took my registration.
Yeah you're right - the promo is now active. I've edited my post accordingly.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Ambiguous terms on credit card qualification

This promotion gives 500 bonus points for every 2,000 points spent with two or more partners. The terms and conditions seem to contradict themselves as to whether the credit card counts as a qualifying partner:
Special Bonus Points Offer: Once registered, when you use qualifying Rapid Rewards Partners during the Promotion Period, you can receive up to 4,000 bonus points in your Rapid Rewards account. Members will receive 500 bonus points for every 2,000 points earned from two (2) or more unique partners. A maximum of 4,000 bonus points may be earned by a Member, regardless of the number of Partners used or the number of "entries" into the Promotion. Flight points are not considered eligible. Bonus points can take up to 6 to 8 weeks after Promotion Period ends to post to account. The transaction date is provided to Southwest by the Rapid Rewards Partner. All qualifying Partner points must post to your Rapid Rewards account no later than June 15, 2012, to qualify for bonus points. You must enter your Rapid Rewards account number when utilizing participating Partners to receive bonus points. Promotional Bonus Points exclude points earned through the Rapid Rewards Credit Card, Diners Club® Club Rewards, Ultimate Rewards, and Partner sign-up bonus points.

Qualifying Rapid Rewards Partners: The qualifying Partners include Rapid Rewards Credit Card from Chase, Best Western Rewards, Choice Privileges®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, La Quinta Returns®, Marriott Rewards®, Wyndham Rewards®, Hertz®, Alamo®, Avis®, Budget®, Dollar RentACar®, Thrifty Car Rental®, Starwood Preferred Guest®, The Venetian®/Palazzo®, Rapid Rewards Dining, Teleflora®, SuperShuttle/ExecuCar, Rapid Rewards Shopping, e-Rewards, Energy Plus, TXU. A unique Partner is points earned in your Rapid Rewards account from one of the above Partners during the Promotion Period. Earning points from different brands (i.e. Starwood - Sheraton, Westin, etc), or transferring/converting points from the Partner will only count as one unique Partner.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:09 pm

Yeah, thats pretty unclear as to whether the RR Visa counts. Also, to get the bonus points, do you have to earn at least 2,000 points from each of at least 2 partners (4,000 total)? Or just 2,000 points total from at least 2 partners?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Maybe it's just me but the way I read that line is the card sign up bonuses do not count, but points earned through spending on the swa cc do count.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ursine1
Yeah, thats pretty unclear as to whether the RR Visa counts. Also, to get the bonus points, do you have to earn at least 2,000 points from each of at least 2 partners (4,000 total)? Or just 2,000 points total from at least 2 partners?
I read it as 2,000 points total. Assuming this is the case, my next question is to get the another 500 bonus points, must you earn 2,000 points from another set of 2 partners (total 4 partners) or is it just 4,000 points combined from 2 partners. In other words, to get 1,000 bonus points, could I earn 1 point from one partner and 3,999 points from another, or do I have to earn something like 1 point from partner 1, 1,999 points from partner 2, 1 point from partner 3, and 1,999 points from partner 4.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by via amtrak
I read it as 2,000 points total. Assuming this is the case, my next question is to get the another 500 bonus points, must you earn 2,000 points from another set of 2 partners (total 4 partners) or is it just 4,000 points combined from 2 partners. In other words, to get 1,000 bonus points, could I earn 1 point from one partner and 3,999 points from another, or do I have to earn something like 1 point from partner 1, 1,999 points from partner 2, 1 point from partner 3, and 1,999 points from partner 4.
I'm reading it the same way, as every 2k points from whatever 2 partners, so you could keep going with the same 2 partners up to 4k bonus points.

On a side note, has anyone tried the suitcase "instant win" game yet? This is reminding me of the horrible yahtzee game from last fall. My chip completely defied the laws of physics!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by longhorn11

On a side note, has anyone tried the suitcase "instant win" game yet? This is reminding me of the horrible yahtzee game from last fall. My chip completely defied the laws of physics!
I've played this thing four times already, yesterday and today under mine own and my husbands accounts. It seems totally rigged. Will probably sign my mom up today and try again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.