issue with booking a 2013 companion fare

Subscribe
i have as of 45 days ago qualified to have a companion pass for 2013. However, i'm unable to book the companion on a flight in January at this point and I'm being told by SW 1-800 number that they don't have a specific date other than 'the end of the year' at which time i'll be able to book this -

Has anyone else had such an experience ?
Quote: i have as of 45 days ago qualified to have a companion pass for 2013. However, i'm unable to book the companion on a flight in January at this point and I'm being told by SW 1-800 number that they don't have a specific date other than 'the end of the year' at which time i'll be able to book this -

That is odd. I re-qualified back in June and was able to book a CP flight on 1/2/13 within a day. It does still say it expires 12/31/12 still. I think that get fixed first of the year.
Quote: That is odd. I re-qualified back in June and was able to book a CP flight on 1/2/13 within a day. It does still say it expires 12/31/12 still. I think that get fixed first of the year.
that's what i tried to do - for a 1/1/13 flight - it lets you book the flight but when you go to 'purchase' it kicks me off the system. 1-800 service has no options for me
Assuming you have sufficient WN points in your account, in the meantime book an award ticket for your Companion for that itinerary.

This can always be redeposited w/o penalty once you are able to book a ticket with your CP.

If there are no seats available when your CP becomes usable, call WN and they can switch it manually.
Quote: i have as of 45 days ago qualified to have a companion pass for 2013. However, i'm unable to book the companion on a flight in January at this point and I'm being told by SW 1-800 number that they don't have a specific date other than 'the end of the year' at which time i'll be able to book this -

Hi nittanydave,

If you private message your Rapid Rewards number I can update your account to reflect next year's end date if you've qualified. In the future Customer Relations can manually process these requests as well.

Thanks!

Nicole, SWA Customer Relations
Quote: Hi nittanydave,

If you private message your Rapid Rewards number I can update your account to reflect next year's end date if you've qualified. In the future Customer Relations can manually process these requests as well.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Nicole!
Quote: Hi nittanydave,

Thanks!

Thank you Nicole for popping on here and offering to help!
This is almost a so-what, don't care. Your CP can book the very last available seat on any flight, so just wait until the award-winning WN booking engine can actually book the CP seat.

In the meantime, you could tie up the seat with a $$ or RR points reservation if you're still uncomfortable with not having it booked and then change / cancel when the CP seat is bookable.
I had to do this a few days ago. Call Rapid Rewards Customer Service at (214) 932‑0333. They will update your CP expiration date and add a Companion if needed. Then you can book flight yourself.