WiFi disconnects

Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:47 am
Original Poster

WiFi disconnects

Currently aboard flight #3688 Den-Aus. Signed on for internet but every 10 minutes or so am disconnected and returned to the signup page. I assume I will only be charged one $5 fee but it is a royal pain to have to enter all the details over and over again. Is this a common problem or should I suspect an issue with my IPad? TIA
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by carraher
Currently aboard flight #3688 Den-Aus. Signed on for internet but every 10 minutes or so am disconnected and returned to the signup page. I assume I will only be charged one $5 fee but it is a royal pain to have to enter all the details over and over again. Is this a common problem or should I suspect an issue with my IPad? TIA
I had back to back flights yesterday with the first on continuously and working perfect and the flight after the connection almost unusable because it would not stay connected. So, not unusual.

As for the fee, once paid it is supposed to be good for all day.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: WN A-List
I'm on a WN 737-800 right now and it kept bouncing me off my ipad every few minutes. May have just been coincidental but I switched to my Android phone (Galaxy S3) and it seems to be working now knock on wood. Got two email receipts already for Wifi so hopefully their system recognizes the error and I don't need to request a credit.

Last edited by Dunbar; Aug 18, 2012 at 3:57 pm
Old Aug 18, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dunbar
I'm on a WN 737-800 right now and it kept bouncing me off my ipad every few minutes. May have just been coincidental but I switched to my Android phone (Galaxy S3) and it seems to be working now knock on wood. Got two email receipts already for Wifi so hopefully their system recognizes the error and I don't need to request a credit.
You may have to request a refund. I think the all day charge is tracked by device. (It keeps two people from sharing a single payment.)
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: WN A-List
I did end up requesting a credit for one of the $5 charges and they gave me one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.