A-List getting free AirTran A+ Elite Status :-)

Subscribe
Just got the following email, very cool.

Activate Your AirTran Airways®
A+ Elite Member Status! AirTran and Southwest
Dear XXX:

As a Rapid Rewards A-List Member, you can now enjoy reciprocal benefits on AirTran Airways flights by activating your complimentary A+ Elite status.

To activate your A+ Elite status, simply click on the button below and complete the form. Please allow two to three weeks for processing. Once processed, you will enjoy special privileges designed to make your travel on AirTran Airways easier, faster, and more enjoyable than ever.

Rapid Rewards and A+ Rewards are committed to maintaining the recognition of our most loyal Members, and this is just the beginning of an exciting integration of two great frequent flyer programs. Stay tuned as we continue working to create the best frequent flyer program in the sky!
Nice!! Now if only CP can get the same love.
Quote: Nice!! Now if only CP can get the same love.
I am pretty sure you can if you transfer enough SW credits (120,000 pts = 100 AT credits = AT CP). http://thepointsguy.com/2012/04/movi...nd-vice-versa/, but you would have to redeem the credits to get it and that would effectively wipe out your 120,000 points.
I just signed up! This is a great deal. It would be a lot better if BNA, my home airport, had AirTran service.

Well at least I can connect onto Airtran from WN, right?
Didn't this happen months ago? Is this notification going out as people are reaching A+ or rolling out in stages?

I got my notification some time back iirc...
Quote: Didn't this happen months ago? Is this notification going out as people are reaching A+ or rolling out in stages?

I got my notification some time back iirc...
I have been A List for a long time so I assume its rolling out in stages. I tried to search but didnt see anything (also I am not great at searching the forums).
A-List getting free AirTran A+ Elite Status :-)
I also received this some time ago - I was A-list Preferred - Perhaps that made a difference in being in the first group.
Quote: Didn't this happen months ago? Is this notification going out as people are reaching A+ or rolling out in stages
Quote: I have been A List for a long time so I assume its rolling out in stages. I tried to search but didnt see anything (also I am not great at searching the forums).
Quote: I also received this some time ago - I was A-list Preferred - Perhaps that made a difference in being in the first group.
Had to do a few searches to figure out the story; finally came up with this prior thread about WN A+ status match:This thread is about plain A-List (aka "A-minus") now getting a status match offer.
I'm A-list (getting close to +, but not there yet) and got this offer about 6 months ago, and have taken 5 RT on AirTran because of it (and the ability to flip those earned credits into Southwest points).

I've got to say, I'm 8/10 on free upgrades to Business Class on these AirTran flights, and it's a really nice product; as excited as I am about the merger, I'm going to be kinda sad to see the first-class part of AirTran go.
Sounds good, but I am still having trouble finding the AirTran ticket counter at BNA. Wait, I could use SDF. Nope, no service there. LEX works if I want to go to MCO (or through ATL ARRGGHHH!), but it is iffy as I can do MCO on WN from BNA.

If I could just connect.....
Quote: Sounds good, but I am still having trouble finding the AirTran ticket counter at BNA. Wait, I could use SDF. Nope, no service there. LEX works if I want to go to MCO (or through ATL ARRGGHHH!), but it is iffy as I can do MCO on WN from BNA.

If I could just connect.....
LEX is being discontinued next month, right?

My old hometown.
Quote: I'm A-list (getting close to +, but not there yet) and got this offer about 6 months ago, and have taken 5 RT on AirTran because of it (and the ability to flip those earned credits into Southwest points).

I've got to say, I'm 8/10 on free upgrades to Business Class on these AirTran flights, and it's a really nice product; as excited as I am about the merger, I'm going to be kinda sad to see the first-class part of AirTran go.
+1000.

AirTran's product is better overall, but WN has done its best to destroy it. XM radio is gone...and Biz Class is next.
Quote: This thread is about plain A-List (aka "A-minus") now getting a status match offer.
I got a status match e-mail inviting me to, "Activate your AirTran Airways A+ Elite Member status!," as a A-Lister on August 22nd of last year.
I just got an email from AirTran telling me to renew my elite status by 8/25 by flying 12 flights with them.

Guess I won't be getting free status this year...
Quote: I'm A-list (getting close to +, but not there yet) and got this offer about 6 months ago...
Quote: I got a status match e-mail...as a A-Lister on August 22nd of last year.
Thanks for the timely sharing with the FT community! ^