good eats at McCarren SWA terminal?

Old Jun 10, 2012, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None
good eats at McCarren SWA terminal?

Have a early flight and change planes in LAS 730am. Wanted to get bacon and eggs within the airport, connecting does not take off will 915am, so I have a few minutes. Any suggestions, airport food kinda sucks at times.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by travelingchumley
Have a early flight and change planes in LAS 730am. Wanted to get bacon and eggs within the airport, connecting does not take off will 915am, so I have a few minutes. Any suggestions, airport food kinda sucks at times.
Terminal C food is horrible. Take the walkway over to B and get a breakfast burrito at 360 Burrito; the walkway is past security so you should have plenty of time.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: United 1k ; SW A+ Preferred; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
"Good eats" is a stretch. The SW terminals at LAS are pretty dismal, crowded and little food choice other than chains. Not sure bacon and eggs is going to happen.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
One word: no
Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
If you can stand Subway Breakfast flatbread sandwiches, they are available. Like everyone else here is saying, do not go to terminal C to eat. A and B, not so bad. It is a 15 minute walk each way from the extent of B to the extent of C. I know as I had a connection just last week from B something to C4. One would think that C4 would be at the beginning of the concourse. One would be wrong. It is at the end. Jose Ceuvero (or something) right at C4 is sit down does not look bad but I have never tried it.

Here is the terminal map.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Burger king? Pei Wei is coming to the C gates and Terminal 3... perhaps they will offer a Chinese style breakfast?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
In addition, LAS food (mostly fast food) is very expensive. Expect to shell out nearly $10 for a fast-food breakfast with side and coffee.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, SWA A-list+, National Executive, Hilton Diamond
Wendy's and Popeye's has breakfast. Never been to the Sammys Bar and Grill but they are open for breakfast also.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
BK

I like BKs croissanwich as the best of bad breakfast options at the C Terminal , B not any better. Terminal D (which you can't get to without leaving the A,B,C security bubble and having a BP for a D carrier) is SO much nicer than A,B, or C.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Those who fly into Terminal 3 get some excellent dining options.

My top choice is Village Pub. This local chain cooks a great breakfast 24x7 and has specials in all of their locations which include a 10oz steak, potato, green beans, soup or salad and 20oz craft beer or rootbeer for $7.95 24x7. #1 top vegas value on lasvegasadvisor.com for many years.

Of course since we're talking about McCarran airport now (home of the $14.99 subway footlongs and $4 wendys value chili) I assume the steak dinner will be under $50
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I bought a burrito there earlier this year that wasn't bad. Maybe that 360 Burrito place? IIRC, it wasn't marked up more than a buck or two over normal street value for a big burrito.

Agree that McCarran is generally a dismal place for food.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:43 am

Forget It

Compared to many other airports/terminals this is among the worst.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by expert7700
Those who fly into Terminal 3 get some excellent dining options.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:15 pm

Blue Burritto by Gate c7

I agree, food choices are a bit sparce in Term C. However, try the Blue Burritto by Gate c7 instead of hiking over to term b gate b-15 360 Burritto.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
IIRC, the ancient A concourse will cease to exist once Terminal 3 becomes operational on June 27th. Also, the even more ancient Terminal 2 is slated for death once Terminal 3 opens.

Terminal 3 is a sweet addition but will only provide 7 domestic gates as it's main purpose was to expand international capacity. United & Hawaiian will operate from D gates but have check-in & baggage @ Terminal 3. Those folks get to take a ride on the brand spankin' new underground tram thing-a-ma-jig connecting Terminal 3 to D concourse.

If you fly Alaska, JetBlue, Sun Country or 2 others I fail to recall at the moment, then Terminal 3 (E gates) will be your new home after June 27 when you fly into/out of LAS

And yes, Terminal 3 has good eats

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.