How do I refer friends to sign up for Chase Southwest Credit Card?

Subscribe
Hi, I read somewhere that if a friend/family member signs up for a credit card using a link I provide that I can get some extra points. I told a couple of friends about the Southwest credit card through Chase and they're interested in signing up.

How do I get that referral link to give to them? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Moderator action
Transplanted to Rapid Rewards forum where there is a greater concentration members who hold this credit card.
I'd like to know this as well. Free bump!
My husband got something in the mail with cards to give out and I think it had some kind of code on there that would let Chase recognize that he had referred them to give them the points. However, the sign-up bonus for the referral was lower than the best available offer, so we will not be giving out those cards. If I was going to tell anyone to sign up, I would direct them to the best available offer. I don't know if there is any other way to get the referral credit. I did just have someone I referred sign up, I didn't get anything for it.
start a travel blog?
I got some referral cards in the mail, thought none of my friends has done the deal yet so i can get some points

anyway in the back of my book it says:

Need more?
Don't worry about it! Just tell your friends about the Rapid Rewards Credit card and send them to www.southwest.com/referafriend. Be sure they enter your information so you get all the points you deserve.

Should work for you, however I am unclear if when they call they will be getting the current best offer, or the 25K one from a month ago?. never hurts to try, and if anyone wants a referral I am happy to supply one.
My understanding is that there isn't a way to do it easily (i.e. without doing a full blog and registering with Southwest to do referrals that way) and have your friends get the best offers.

In other words, you could do a referral and get a few points -- if your friends sign up for the deal that gives them a 25,000 point bonus at sign-up. The problem is that your friends could go to any blog out there and use the 50,000 point bonus signup instead.

So, I've been just referring my friends to a blog that I like (MillionMileSecrets) instead of doing my own referrals -- so that they get the 50,000 points instead of only 25,000.

- John...
Quote: I got some referral cards in the mail, thought none of my friends has done the deal yet so i can get some points

anyway in the back of my book it says:

Need more?
Don't worry about it! Just tell your friends about the Rapid Rewards Credit card and send them to www.southwest.com/referafriend. Be sure they enter your information so you get all the points you deserve.

Should work for you, however I am unclear if when they call they will be getting the current best offer, or the 25K one from a month ago?. never hurts to try, and if anyone wants a referral I am happy to supply one.
I just called the Refer-a-friend phone number, I confirmed it is only for the 25K offer, you can't get the referral credit for the 50K offer. Definitely wouldn't be doing anyone a favor by referring them for 25k while the 50k offers are still available.
Quote: I just called the Refer-a-friend phone number, I confirmed it is only for the 25K offer, you can't get the referral credit for the 50K offer. Definitely wouldn't be doing anyone a favor by referring them for 25k while the 50k offers are still available.
good to know, thanks for testing. Too bad SW can't give referrals on the best avaliable public offers. I could sway people to do it who might not otherwise.
Quote: good to know, thanks for testing. Too bad SW can't give referrals on the best avaliable public offers. I could sway people to do it who might not otherwise.
Especially since the 50k offer is now the main offer listed on Chase.com! Seems pretty messed up to me. Too bad, as I just referred a friend to get this card, and no bonus for me.
Quote: Especially since the 50k offer is now the main offer listed on Chase.com! Seems pretty messed up to me. Too bad, as I just referred a friend to get this card, and no bonus for me.
I have gotten 7 people to sign up in the past 2 weeks. I just explained the value and gave them some example and they were in. I don't get anything from chase. a few thousand miles would be nice. But at least I will get to travel some with friends who would otherwise try to get me to redeem my miles for them to travel. Get your own CC