Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 26, 12, 8:47 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 24
How do I refer friends to sign up for Chase Southwest Credit Card?

Hi, I read somewhere that if a friend/family member signs up for a credit card using a link I provide that I can get some extra points. I told a couple of friends about the Southwest credit card through Chase and they're interested in signing up.

How do I get that referral link to give to them? Any help is greatly appreciated.
skip87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 12, 8:45 am   #2
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA 2MM Perpetual Platinum; HH & SPG Gold
Posts: 20,720
Moderator action

Transplanted to Rapid Rewards forum where there is a greater concentration members who hold this credit card.
mia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 12, 4:33 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MKE
Programs: WN CP, Hilton Gold
Posts: 205
I'd like to know this as well. Free bump!
tyfabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 12, 1:36 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 237
My husband got something in the mail with cards to give out and I think it had some kind of code on there that would let Chase recognize that he had referred them to give them the points. However, the sign-up bonus for the referral was lower than the best available offer, so we will not be giving out those cards. If I was going to tell anyone to sign up, I would direct them to the best available offer. I don't know if there is any other way to get the referral credit. I did just have someone I referred sign up, I didn't get anything for it.
Lyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 12, 7:53 am   #5
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 175
start a travel blog?
fstop75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 12, 11:09 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ATL
Posts: 308
I got some referral cards in the mail, thought none of my friends has done the deal yet so i can get some points

anyway in the back of my book it says:

Need more?
Don't worry about it! Just tell your friends about the Rapid Rewards Credit card and send them to www.southwest.com/referafriend. Be sure they enter your information so you get all the points you deserve.

Should work for you, however I am unclear if when they call they will be getting the current best offer, or the 25K one from a month ago?. never hurts to try, and if anyone wants a referral I am happy to supply one.

Last edited by aviator8; May 2, 12 at 9:52 am.
aviator8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 12, 9:12 am   #7
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan, USA
Programs: WN w/ CP; BA 200k; AA 100k; CC Concierge; HHonors Gold; IHG Plat
Posts: 46
My understanding is that there isn't a way to do it easily (i.e. without doing a full blog and registering with Southwest to do referrals that way) and have your friends get the best offers.

In other words, you could do a referral and get a few points -- if your friends sign up for the deal that gives them a 25,000 point bonus at sign-up. The problem is that your friends could go to any blog out there and use the 50,000 point bonus signup instead.

So, I've been just referring my friends to a blog that I like (MillionMileSecrets) instead of doing my own referrals -- so that they get the 50,000 points instead of only 25,000.

- John...
jgoggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 12, 1:48 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator8 View Post
I got some referral cards in the mail, thought none of my friends has done the deal yet so i can get some points

anyway in the back of my book it says:

Need more?
Don't worry about it! Just tell your friends about the Rapid Rewards Credit card and send them to www.southwest.com/referafriend. Be sure they enter your information so you get all the points you deserve.

Should work for you, however I am unclear if when they call they will be getting the current best offer, or the 25K one from a month ago?. never hurts to try, and if anyone wants a referral I am happy to supply one.
I just called the Refer-a-friend phone number, I confirmed it is only for the 25K offer, you can't get the referral credit for the 50K offer. Definitely wouldn't be doing anyone a favor by referring them for 25k while the 50k offers are still available.
tripice351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 12, 6:47 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ATL
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripice351 View Post
I just called the Refer-a-friend phone number, I confirmed it is only for the 25K offer, you can't get the referral credit for the 50K offer. Definitely wouldn't be doing anyone a favor by referring them for 25k while the 50k offers are still available.
good to know, thanks for testing. Too bad SW can't give referrals on the best avaliable public offers. I could sway people to do it who might not otherwise.
aviator8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 12, 12:17 am   #10
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator8 View Post
good to know, thanks for testing. Too bad SW can't give referrals on the best avaliable public offers. I could sway people to do it who might not otherwise.
Especially since the 50k offer is now the main offer listed on Chase.com! Seems pretty messed up to me. Too bad, as I just referred a friend to get this card, and no bonus for me.
tripice351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 12, 12:43 am   #11
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ATL
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripice351 View Post
Especially since the 50k offer is now the main offer listed on Chase.com! Seems pretty messed up to me. Too bad, as I just referred a friend to get this card, and no bonus for me.
I have gotten 7 people to sign up in the past 2 weeks. I just explained the value and gave them some example and they were in. I don't get anything from chase. a few thousand miles would be nice. But at least I will get to travel some with friends who would otherwise try to get me to redeem my miles for them to travel. Get your own CC
aviator8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:52 am.